What's new

[IMPORTANT]Stealing other peoples work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braindawg

Donator
Ouly said:
So South West Cholos needs to change their name?
EDIT: And The Lost MC.
Double Edit: And Aperture, come to think about it.

The Lost MC is a fictional gang in GTA IV. It's not based directly on any real MC in the united states e.g Mongols or Hell's Angels. And when we decided on the name:
We thought sinse this IS GTA, and 1994, creating a link between the GTA series world and the RCRP world through the MC is possible.

So it's VERY realistic that TLMC is settled in San Andreas at 1994, although isnt known to the player during GTA IV, although the posibillity is still there. Although we are willing to change our name if it's very needed.

Kay-Kay

Retired Admin
Lawsuits against copyright matters are long processes in a court, and I personally believe that the guy who was interpreting a lawyer or whatever, was only trolling or trying to gain attention, just like Zomane mentioned above. I am going to ask my cousin, since he's a lawyer about this type of "online threats" and will get back to you with a reply if they're even valid or not.

Zach

Silver Member
Ouly said:
You got it all wrong. I think what he means is for example: Copying a faction thread from another community.

Frisker

Donator
Saget said:
Ouly said:
You got it all wrong. I think what he means is for example: Copying a faction thread from another community.

I'm pretty sure he means this: viewtopic.php?f=226&t=38053

So I think SWC should change their name to avoid anything.

FlyBoy

Donator
New York, NY, 30FT Above sea-level sorrounded by w
Kay-Kay said:
Lawsuits against copyright matters are long processes in a court, and I personally believe that the guy who was interpreting a lawyer or whatever, was only trolling or trying to gain attention, just like Zomane mentioned above. I am going to ask my cousin, since he's a lawyer about this type of "online threats" and will get back to you with a reply if they're even valid or not.

This.

And also, if there is a court appeal about this, it will be a huge waist of money because they won't bother paying a lot of money to a lawyer just because a random tard decided to copy a faction thread.

Ouly

Donator
Braindawg said:
Ouly said:

The Lost MC is a fictional gang in GTA IV. It's not based directly on any real MC in the united states e.g Mongols or Hell's Angels. And when we decided on the name:
We thought sinse this IS GTA, and 1994, creating a link between the GTA series world and the RCRP world through the MC is possible.

So it's VERY realistic that TLMC is settled in San Andreas at 1994, although isnt known to the player during GTA IV, although the posibillity is still there. Although we are willing to change our name if it's very needed.
I don't think it' a issue whatsoever, but by what Patrick is saying you do need to change your faction name and graphics. This is due to the fact that The Lost MC is a faction made by Rockstar Games and according to Patrick you need their written permission to use the factions name and graphics which you took from the add on for GTA IV "The Lost and Damned".
This brings me to another note which appears to not have been adressed. There is a faction rule that prohibits players from taking factions straight out of the GTA Universe.
8.) Nothing ripped off from any GTA game in single player, be CREATIVE.
This is another reason that the name of the faction should be changed according to the rules of the admins.

Crazy Andre

Retired Admin
Frisker said:
Saget said:
Ouly said:

I'm pretty sure he means this: viewtopic.php?f=226&t=38053

So I think SWC should change their name to avoid anything.

Southwest Cholos, it's illegal, so it can't go to court, and Ramiro and another new player who I don't know that forum name of are in SWC IRL in Hudson, Texas and Ramiro made the thread so yeah..

Status
Not open for further replies.