What's new

[IMPORTANT]Stealing other peoples work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpshooter

Bronze Member
So basically when I created De La Kvart, my IRL friends can sue me for putting our gang on the forums (Well we're Kvart IRL) ? lol
And yeah, people are just waiting for a moment like this to grab their lawyers and go to court just to screw somebody over and earn a couble of $$$. But still, if you can't create a good story, don't rip it off also. Whenever you copy-paste something from a website, they get the info WHO took it, WHERE they pasted it, I learned that from my mothers' website.

Ouly

Donator
Yass said:
Ouly said:
So South West Cholos needs to change their name?
EDIT: And The Lost MC.
Double Edit: And Aperture, come to think about it.

1. I doubt the real SWC would file a lawsuit.
2. Lost MC is from GTA IV, we can't be sued by another game.
3. Again, we cannot be sued by another game.

1. I also doubt SWC would file a lawsuit, but according to Patrick and his forum post the name isn't allowed.
2. Lost MC is a registered trademark of Rockstar Games.
ALSO ON A SIDE NOTE: 8.) Nothing ripped off from any GTA game in single player, be CREATIVE.
The game is ripped straight out of GTA IV.
3. Aperture is a registered trademark of Valve.

These are yours and the admin teams rules, not mine.

Casablancas

Retired Admin
Sharpshooter said:
So basically when I created De La Kvart, my IRL friends can sue me for putting our gang on the forums (Well we're Kvart IRL)
Not really, since you are a part of the organization and you actually helped creating and inventing it in some way.

Ian

Diamond Member
Ouly said:
3. Aperture is a registered trademark of Valve.

Oh fucking really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aperture
http://www.apple.com/aperture/
http://www.aperture.org/
http://emersonnetworkpower.com/en-US/Br ... fault.aspx

If Valve owned the trademark to Aperture, then they'd be making BILLIONS on Cameras...
Know the definition of APERTURE before you claim that shit.

Now if my faction was named, Aperture Science, or Aperture Laboratories, then I'd be another story, but it isn't...

Ouly

Donator
I don't think it's an issue either, but according to the Patrick it is. Aperture is based off Aperture from the Half Life Universe. There's no way you can deny that.

Bauer

Retired Admin
Ouly said:
I don't think it's an issue either, but according to the Patrick it is. Aperture is based off Aperture from the Half Life Universe. There's no way you can deny that.

And FBI/SASP is based on the real life government... :doh: As Ian said, as long if the name is not Aperture Science or Aperture Laboratories, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Frisker

Donator
Patrick_Bauer said:
Ouly said:

And FBI/SASP is based on the real life government... :doh: As Ian said, as long if the name is not Aperture Science or Aperture Laboratories, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Police isn't registered trademark, but I think that FBI is.

Ian

Diamond Member
Ouly said:

You're claiming to know something that you didn't create, and therefore are running in the dark.
Aperture Corporation is not in any way related to Aperture Science from the "Half-Life" universe. And yes, I've played all the Half-Life games, and both Portals.
When the server started, I wanted to play a joke in my faction, a subtle joke. Aperture Research is a poke to Aperture Science, but in fact we are completely different organization types... The only true branch of similarity is Aperture and we both "Science" but beyond that we're completely different...
I could write an entire essay on the differences...

The only way you could dispute me is if you made Aperture Corporation... But you didn't, I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.