Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouly

Donator
DJ Yidgyi said:
Frisker said:
Saget said:
Ouly said:
So South West Cholos needs to change their name?
EDIT: And The Lost MC.
Double Edit: And Aperture, come to think about it.
You got it all wrong. I think what he means is for example: Copying a faction thread from another community.

I'm pretty sure he means this: viewtopic.php?f=226&t=38053

So I think SWC should change their name to avoid anything.

Southwest Cholos, it's illegal, so it can't go to court, and Ramiro and another new player who I don't know that forum name of are in SWC IRL in Hudson, Texas and Ramiro made the thread so yeah..
From my understanding the rule applies to taking the idea from any organization in real life, legal or not.

Yass

Donator
Ouly said:
So South West Cholos needs to change their name?
EDIT: And The Lost MC.
Double Edit: And Aperture, come to think about it.

1. I doubt the real SWC would file a lawsuit.
2. Lost MC is from GTA IV, we can't be sued by another game.
3. Again, we cannot be sued by another game.

paxie

Legendary Member
Guys, that guy is just trolling you all. What the fuck, I mean it, a biker wouldn't give a fuck if his gang would be on some SAMP roleplay server. He wouldn't probably even know what SAMP is. It's not like a south west cholos gangmember will come out and say "OMG COPYRIGHT".
I'm also pretty sure gangs don't have them copyrights.
Oh well.

Yass

Donator
It most likely is a troll, however a lawsuit is a very serious issue and no matter what the situation it has to be taken seriously by the Administration Team. If you don't understand that, fine just keep it to yourselves.

And about SWC; Two real life SWC13 members are in the SA:MP version, I doubt they're going to sue themselves plus I don't see gangsters filing lawsuits or giving a shit about something as stupid as this anyways.

Dan

Donator
I heard about this, and I find it really pathetic that he decided to then invade peoples private space by contacting them on Facebook.. -_-

Mike

Platinum Member
To lift the shadow in this. Alright, first of all, let's say we found an Hell's Angels MC, you think any of their members/lawyers will sign up here and tell you that they are copyrighted? No, just no. You should rather be afraid of a lawsuit when you steal a content which is already on the Internet, e.g. The Department of Corrections logo. That would rather cause issues than such threats. They cannot blame you or this forum nor this server for using information about their gang, club and colors. This whole, zomg let's delete everythin' which is copied, is just a reaction of people who do not understand the law.

Let's start up with an example,
I own my label Sm0kEy Productions since, 4 years?, now. I could claim that the SASP and my contributions to it are completely my property. So, I'll go in front of the court in Den Hag and rape the fuck outta RCRP with my army of lawyers.
Joke beside, just the thought about is ridicules.

One word, trolled.

Casablancas

Retired Admin
Let's just conclude from this that this guy most likely is a troll that
wanted to gain attention by sending everyone PMs on forums etc.

Nonetheless this shows how important this is for us to be creative and refrain
from using images and whole ideas of other organisations in any kind, as we may
be confronted with a more serious lawsuit threat next time when someone does it again.
Honestly, how hard can it be to make a logo in PS, find a simple, good story
and a good name for a faction you want to create. Not that hard I'd say.

Tom

Donator
Yes, this might be a troll, but it's a good lesson too? Actually beware about this so we doesnt see ourselfes in the court just because we copied a name of a gang? And i bet any of you all doesnt even want to stand in court with a gang against you, if you win, they might take fysical actions against you after the court, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.