What's new

General tips and guidance to a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingus

This is terrible advice for a new player.

For the OP, yes it takes time to meet people. A legal faction and character could be an option (thankfully you can have more than one character). Factions like Elite Trucking, Fire Department and the State Police are always great starting points depending on RP ability.

SP website is here: https://sasp.redcountyrp.com/
Fire Department: https://fd.redcountyrp.com/

Just remember it takes time to develop your character and your OOC skills, and that's fine. Some people tend to be overly elitist with their 'heavy' RP cliques. So ignore them when you find them.

Good luck and welcome. :)
Thanks, though I really enjoy having one character at a time. Mine is a kind of biker/outdoor type. He has met 1-2 people that like to go on outdoors activities (and locations too like caves and shit), the thing is that it sucks being dependant on them. The moment they aren't online, it means I won't have any fun because everyone else is just somewhere hidden and I'm unable to properly meet them or whatever. And even if I do see people, it'd just be weird to come up to somebody and greet them.

Dingus

go to cunts mc clubhouse brother, a lot of rollerplay and many gamerss
Also apparently the cunts mc died so... That's not good news since I used to RP a lot with them. Does anyone know if they're still going to hang around on their characters or...

Dingus

Hi again. I've been on and off, doing small things like approaching strangers and befriending them, getting roleplay done and even roleplaying by my own.

I also bought a Dinghby for 200k and I managed to around 20k in one trip, although Im sure it took around a hour. Is there any tips for fishing? How to fish faster, get heavier fish and less junk? Where it's best to fish?

Lavitra

Silver Member
There are basically no proper tips for fishing.
But still you can note these for help:
1. For less junk, go and fish anywhere in the sea, but not too near the coast or beaches.
2. You can fish faster near the coast and on the jetty, but you're more likely to get more junk there. At the sea, they take more time as compared to fishing at the coast, but it does not really matter.
3. For heavier fish, yes, you can go to the sea as said above, where you'll mostly get fishes above 30-40 lbs.
4. Just as I said twice or thrice maybe, no best place to fish. Both the coast and the sea have their advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages:
1. Fishing is a bit faster compared to the sea.
2. There is a greater probability of finding money bags.
Disadvantages:
1. You'll get more junk as compared to the sea.
2. Lighter fish.
Advantages:
1. Less junk compared to the jetty and fishing lagoons.
2. Heavier fish.
Disadvantages:
1. Fishing is slower.
2. Approximately zero probability of getting money bags.

Note: If you get a whale, you'll be able to earn a decent amount of money on selling it, maybe a million (i never got one). But the probability of catching a whale is like 1 in 5000.

Dingus

There are basically no proper tips for fishing.
But still you can note these for help:
1. For less junk, go and fish anywhere in the sea, but not too near the coast or beaches.
2. You can fish faster near the coast and on the jetty, but you're more likely to get more junk there. At the sea, they take more time as compared to fishing at the coast, but it does not really matter.
3. For heavier fish, yes, you can go to the sea as said above, where you'll mostly get fishes above 30-40 lbs.
4. Just as I said twice or thrice maybe, no best place to fish. Both the coast and the sea have their advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages:
1. Fishing is a bit faster compared to the sea.
2. There is a greater probability of finding money bags.
Disadvantages:
1. You'll get more junk as compared to the sea.
2. Lighter fish.
Advantages:
1. Less junk compared to the jetty and fishing lagoons.
2. Heavier fish.
Disadvantages:
1. Fishing is slower.
2. Approximately zero probability of getting money bags.

Note: If you get a whale, you'll be able to earn a decent amount of money on selling it, maybe a million (i never got one). But the probability of catching a whale is like 1 in 5000.
I swear, I get so much junk on either side and the fish I catch is usually normal in terms of weight. It is so annoying.

Deleted member 53695

1- Do not hang out around the people in Montgomery Park.
2- Find a way to keep yourself busy while in-game, like, at all times.
3- Make yourself a character story thread, make sure to check out guides for making screenshots before doing that, read a couple of character stories from other people, get inspiration. It's always nice to have a character that's well developed with a background.
4- Join a faction on an alt so you can get a hold of how things work in factions.
5- Don't spend your money on an expensive car (Any car that's above 100K), like an Elegy or a Sultan, you won't keep up with the repairs, I mean it.

Dingus

1- Do not hang out around the people in Montgomery Park.
Why not? What's wrong with that and the stigma behind Monty park rats? Seems pretty toxic to me imo.
2- Find a way to keep yourself busy while in-game, like, at all times.
I've been trying to do that but it is a little hard on my own and especially when I'm not sure on what to do.
3- Make yourself a character story thread, make sure to check out guides for making screenshots before doing that, read a couple of character stories from other people, get inspiration. It's always nice to have a character that's well developed with a background.
I've been thinking about doing that, not entirely sure about it yet.
4- Join a faction on an alt so you can get a hold of how things work in factions.
I've been thinking about joining the PD to see how it works and if it is fun. I might go for it.
5- Don't spend your money on an expensive car (Any car that's above 100K), like an Elegy or a Sultan, you won't keep up with the repairs, I mean it.
I've spent money on a Huntley and Dinghby along with other vehicles. I'm alright when it comes to money.

deshirow

Silver Member
@Dingus forget about fishing or spamming side jobs, you're wasting your time, if you don't join a faction on this server you won't ever enjoy it and it's the most proven fact around, start with elite trucking or silentium and go further from there

Dingus

@Dingus forget about fishing or spamming side jobs, you're wasting your time, if you don't join a faction on this server you won't ever enjoy it and it's the most proven fact around, start with elite trucking or silentium and go further from there
I've been enjoying myself so far. Meeting people here and there, making friends, getting high, going camping, hunting for peyote/shrooms and all of that. I don't think joining a faction is a requirement to have fun, but it does get stale sometimes because people are nowhere to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.