What's new

General tips and guidance to a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingus

Hey guys, I'm pretty new here. I've been playing for about 2-3 days now and I came thanks to my boredom, desire to RP and due to a youtuber making vids about this community, which made me curious about it. It seems nice and everyone seems to be alright. Do you have any tips, guidance or whatever you want to tell me?

I've strayed away from people for now so I can gather money for my first vehicle and house. Got myself a Freeway since my character is into that kind of bikes and now I'm almost getting my first house.

Edward

Helper
Regarding the money. Grinding side-jobs will never earn you a GOOD amount of money, if they do it will take a whole lot of time, which isn't worth wasting on that. My recommendation regarding money would be to trade assets. What I mean by that is that you can buy something and then flip it and keep doing that. That is way more profitable. Also, if you want to do an actual job for money you can do the fishing job, which can earn you a good amount of money if you are lucky.

If you do want to have some fun around, try joining a faction, as most of the RP here is based around factions. Try applying for a legal faction or just integrate yourself in an illegal one. Have a look on the Factions board and see what you like best.

Ask any questions if you have any, also tell me if this thread is still needed. @Dingus

Dingus

I don't know, man. I like the server and the community seems nice, but when the player count is about 50-60, I barely find anyone. I only found people yesterday since they adverted Red Boot was opening. It's a bit disappointing, because I want to develop my character, make relationships a thing and meet new people. It isn't fun to roleplay alone, exactly.

Regarding the money, I find it that driving buses, doing sweeps with the sweeper and pizza deliveries is the best way to make money. I already have a house fully decorated by myself and a motorcycle (which was a goal set by my character), now I'm not sure what to do with it. I was thinking of buying a jeep, but I'm not sure which to pick.

Vehicles themselves in here are a little strange, suffice to say I come from a big community in MTA which had all of the vehicles, although they had actual models. (For example, a premier could be a BMW). It had some nice feel to it, but now I'm not sure what a good vehicle is since the prices are all up and down, and so is the top speed for them. (The top speed for them is all alike, but the price differences can be enormous for whatever reason)

lanegra

You can play blackjack for a quick buck. The odds will not be in your favor obviously, but you have to remember that you can only lose 100% but gain much, much more.

Dingus

Any tips on finding roleplay and meeting new people? Seemingly unable to find and RP with anyone.

Dingus

go to cunts mc clubhouse brother, a lot of rollerplay and many gamerss
I have done that but sometimes they don't log on or something and I'm left with nothing. Like, sometimes I'm unlucky to have no one that my character knows of online.

Igarro

Faction Consultant
I have done that but sometimes they don't log on or something and I'm left with nothing. Like, sometimes I'm unlucky to have no one that my character knows of online.
i mean its fair cause you're new in here. give it a few weeks, you'll get to know people n have friends, it just takes time i guess

Natty

Donator
You can play blackjack for a quick buck. The odds will not be in your favor obviously, but you have to remember that you can only lose 100% but gain much, much more.
This is terrible advice for a new player.

For the OP, yes it takes time to meet people. A legal faction and character could be an option (thankfully you can have more than one character). Factions like Elite Trucking, Fire Department and the State Police are always great starting points depending on RP ability.

SP website is here: https://sasp.redcountyrp.com/
Fire Department: https://fd.redcountyrp.com/

Just remember it takes time to develop your character and your OOC skills, and that's fine. Some people tend to be overly elitist with their 'heavy' RP cliques. So ignore them when you find them.

Good luck and welcome. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.