What's new

Gang Character Development Guide

paxie

Legendary Member
Fritz said:
Thank you Pax and MrAwesome. Seriously, Now I don't have to write out huge ass frustration filled posts that're just as long as this when talking about misplayed criminal/gangster characters. I can just link this thread instead. On top of that, it'll help a lot of people who have difficulties playing these type of characters. Now, I don't believe in the like button, although if I did, it'd definitely be used on this post.

Appreciate the feedback. I wrote this quickly and there's probably a few points I missed out, so PM me if you feel like there's anything that needs to be added - perhaps your insight on roleplaying female characters in a gang as I know you've expressed frustration on that topic before on the forums.

Fritz

Donator
Paxie said:
Fritz said:
Thank you Pax and MrAwesome. Seriously, Now I don't have to write out huge ass frustration filled posts that're just as long as this when talking about misplayed criminal/gangster characters. I can just link this thread instead. On top of that, it'll help a lot of people who have difficulties playing these type of characters. Now, I don't believe in the like button, although if I did, it'd definitely be used on this post.

Appreciate the feedback. I wrote this quickly and there's probably a few points I missed out, so PM me if you feel like there's anything that needs to be added - perhaps your insight on roleplaying female characters in a gang as I know you've expressed frustration on that topic before on the forums.

I can do that, not a problem, female gang characters are my specialty after all. I'll write out one of my seemingly endless documents stating every single aspect in precise detail about my perception on female characters role within a gang for you and send it over. I don't and won't expect it all to be used, since you know how I am already, sometimes I start making things way too complicated. Either way, it'll take a little while though because I have a lot to say in regards to this topic.

Lee

Platinum Member
this guide was needed, gangs dont want people coming up in their 20's fully fledged gangbangers with sultans and huntleys, fuck that. educate yourselves, read this guide and be realistic.

Zakey

Silver Member
Amazing guide!

The traits are totally not in the least copied from Sims 3, eh?

Wekt

This guide covers a lot, well written. One thing I would add is - while it is important to be consistent with your character, it's fun to be adventurous and change up. Per example, let's say your character is usually someone who is confident, not afraid to approach a situation etc, then all of a sudden something horrendous happens (a death in game, witnessing someone get killed, getting mugged, etc), change up your characters traits, the way you act / talk, approach events and so forth, rather it be temporary or permanent. It adds for more roleplaying opportunities and interesting events to occur.

paxie

Legendary Member
Wekt said:
This guide covers a lot, well written. One thing I would add is - while it is important to be consistent with your character, it's fun to be adventurous and change up. Per example, let's say your character is usually someone who is confident, not afraid to approach a situation etc, then all of a sudden something horrendous happens (a death in game, witnessing someone get killed, getting mugged, etc), change up your characters traits, the way you act / talk, approach events and so forth, rather it be temporary or permanent. It adds for more roleplaying opportunities and interesting events to occur.

A very good point. Sort of wanted to cover that with the idea of developing your traits along the way as you roleplay. I'll add that though.

UZIbeencoolin

Silver Member
Also, you should add this..
This is something you should keep in mind when RPing a gangster..
Because you would turn from "homie" to "rat" real quick.