Not open for further replies.

Moj0

Donator
Re: Forum & website load VERY slowly or not at all

Moj0 said:
2Fabulous said:
Yes unfortunately.

Still an ongoing issue bud?

Have you had a play around with your network connection? Do you use an Ethernet hookup or is it a wireless connection? Have you checked your DNS address? Sometimes changing it to googles default one works as I've had this issue before.

2Fabulous

Retired Admin
Moj0 said:
Moj0 said:
2Fabulous said:
Yes unfortunately.

Have you had a play around with your network connection? Do you use an Ethernet hookup or is it a wireless connection? Have you checked your DNS address? Sometimes changing it to googles default one works as I've had this issue before.
how 2 check any of this, im a noob :mrgreen:

Moj0

Donator

Moj0 said:
Moj0 said:
2Fabulous said:
Yes unfortunately.

Do you use wifi for your connection or is your computer plugged in with a yellow cable to your router?

Your DNS address can be altered by going to your control panel > network and sharing > change adapter settings > right click on the adapter you'd like to alter (your wired connection or your wireless one - it'll be your router either way)

Then it should tell you your DNS address, googles default is 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

RAZR

Donator
I have the similar problem, that I cannot 100% access the site on my PC. On my phone it is balling, but here is like I have to wait 2-3 minutes between 10 seconds when I can load the redcountyrp.com domain, forums, ucp, everything. This happened to me after uninstalling avast, not sure if the two connected. Some sites are not even loading so I am pretty sure it is on my side.

Moj0

Donator

RAZR said:
I have the similar problem, that I cannot 100% access the site on my PC. On my phone it is balling, but here is like I have to wait 2-3 minutes between 10 seconds when I can load the redcountyrp.com domain, forums, ucp, everything. This happened to me after uninstalling avast, not sure if the two connected. Some sites are not even loading so I am pretty sure it is on my side.

What's your connection like? Wired or wireless - check out what I've advised to 2Fab and let me know what your is also.

RAZR

Donator
Ethernet hookup, but I did what you said with the DNS Address and it is still doing it. Although I am really not bothered about it anymore, it was annoying in the first weeks, now I just live with it. But as I said, I am pretty sure avast's uninstall fucked up the whole thing.

2Fabulous

Retired Admin
It's a cable directly to the router. Also using Windows XP.
Unlike RAZR my problem is specifically with RCRP and not any other website.

Moj0

Donator

RAZR said:
Ethernet hookup, but I did what you said with the DNS Address and it is still doing it. Although I am really not bothered about it anymore, it was annoying in the first weeks, now I just live with it. But as I said, I am pretty sure avast's uninstall fucked up the whole thing.

Reinstall avast, uninstall it in safe mode - uninstalling it the normal way can cause shit like this to happen, because an AV has its own "firewall" for all viruses etc, when uninstalled it can just wipe all internet settings and it'll leave them as is rather than returning them to default

Status
Not open for further replies.