What's new

'Current Server Status': A Detailed Response

Speakybutton

Retired Admin
logo.png

'Current Server Status': A Detailed Response to Suggestions and Issues Raised​

Encouraging New Players
We realise that this is going to be a key step in raising the playerbase, and have already begun by removing the number of questions in the multiple choice portion of the quiz from 20 to 10, and removing the written portions of the application. We understand that this may lower the quality of some of the players joining the server, however we hope that you'll bear with us while we use it to try and get more people interested in joining. Also, please bear in mind that just because a player doesn't have a lot of knowledge about RP, doesn't mean they can't be helped to get better.

As well as encouraging players to join by making it easier to get in game, we also plan to advertise the server on the SAMP forums. Work has been in progress for a little while already, and we're hoping to be able to post an advert as soon as possible. In the meantime, however, there are a few things that you could do to help us.
If you have an account on on SAMP related forums, then place our banner in your signature! Simply embed http://ucp.redcountyrp.com/signature/ as an image into your signature to help us reach more people.
Secondly, if you upload RCRP videos to YouTube, try adding tags to broaden their reach, and if you're the sort of person to unlist your videos, make them public, and be sure to put our web address in the description! Or even better, begin creating videos for the server. If you've made a video that you think is worthy of being on the front page of the website, we may even oblige!
Alternatively, if you've got a keen eye for graphic design, then you may be able to help us. If you're up for the challenge, create us an advert, and if its good enough, we may use it instead of one of our own.

Development
We are actively dedicated to continually developing the server. Concerns have been raised over some recent developments perhaps restricting roleplay, and we have absolutely taken that on board. We have drastically changed our plans for the drug system to enable it to be more open and free, and as I write this Tommy is busy developing it, and we hope it'll be ready fairly soon.

There is also frustration from some people, as there has always been, that things don't get developed fast enough, or the things people want don't get added. At the moment, we have two priorities. First of all, the drugs system. This major reform has been designed to give players the freedom to construct and sell their own narcotics, and we hope that as well as players, this will also give illegal factions, both official and unofficial, a big boost. After this, it's definitely time we had a look at the scripts supporting factions, and the faction system as a whole. That's not to say that these are going to be the only updates, we will definitely be trying to squeeze extra features in along the way, and will be trying to reduce our list of accepted suggestions by getting them in game.

Favouritism
Now, this is an issue that it is clear people have a concern about. A lot of people seem to think that in order to get anywhere in the server, it's not what you know, it's who you know. I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that's categorically not the case, I don't think I would be in this position if I hadn't gotten to know BigD and Evans as I was leading the FD, but it's definitely not simply knowing them that got me into the admin team.

There definitely are cases of favouritism, there's no point denying it exists, but I want to assure you that it's something that we want to take steps to avoid. Being friends with an admin doesn't get you into the admin team. We try to recognise talent and potential regardless of who you are or who you're friends with, and we want this sort of attitude to extend to factions as well. We'd love it if faction leaders could get on board with us, and try to make it a point not to let friendships cloud judgement.

Community
The community is what holds RCRP together, without the players on the server, it'd be nothing, and we need your help more than ever to try and build the community stronger, and welcome people who decide to join us. There are a couple of ways we can make this community a lot more appealing to new players, first of all on the forums. New players should be welcomed, introduced, linked to resources that can help them get a head start. Second, some of the topics that are posted on the forums, or posts within topics give a bad impression of the server. When a new player sees people arguing on the forum, I doubt they're going to want to stay very long.

Finally, when you're in game, and you encounter someone new doing something wrong, don't jump straight to reporting them or making a complaint, try and help them. Be friendly and supportive, try to help those that have decided to join us, after all, by joining us, it's one more person to RP with.

Also, I understand that the lower player count is what puts a lot of people off, but think of it this way: if everyone thought like that, there would be 0 players. The more people that come on when the playerbase is a bit lower, the more that will follow.

If you have any questions, you are more than welcome to post them here, or send me a PM.

Nick

Donator
I'm not saying anything until I see some of this actually done, not just talked about... Not complaining, I've just heard it all before..

Speakybutton

Retired Admin
I understand that there may be people sceptical of the actions we plan, but the point of the post was not to make empty promises, it was to discuss our plans so that the community can continue to collaborate, suggest and most importantly help us. While the staff team will definitely be trying our best, having the support and help of the community should make it easier.

Beth

Donator
And this is why I'm glad Speaky's management, this is exactly what I meant by actually engaging with the community to tell us what's what.
I'll be working on getting a few of my old CnR friends to join :bounce:

The Punisher

Retired Admin
I have one more great suggestion, and something I don't see IG quite often is how important it's to make a forum account. We need to really spread it around in messages and even help people if possible.