What's new

'Current Server Status': A Detailed Response

Jackson.

Donator
This topic is a one good step, and I wish every word here is meant to be done. I can see the change coming, as not only have we got surveys, but also the playerbase has risen a bit than last week's.

It doesn't matter if the test has been reduced to 10 questions, we got Admins & Helpers for a reason. Atleast, Helpers will get additional work to do, and enjoy being a Helper more!

The advertising point is awesome, however, we can't just get on another SAMP community and start advertising the server in that way. We won't/don't accept this, ourselves!

Speakybutton said:
Nicholas. said:
Giga said:
Thomasz said:
10 questions and no written appeal? That's even a low requirement for a light RP server imo >.<. I know it will raise the playerbase, but it will raise it with light RP'ers, and I'd rather have a server of 30 people you can enjoy RP'ing with, and who know what they're doing, then a server of 50 people where 20 still figure out what english is.

What can you suggest to raise the number of new, potential roleplayers then?

As said in the thread, this is only temporary. And as other people say, "leave the rulebreakers to administrators".
Thomas it always used to be like that and it was great, we were all shit RPers and I used to talk in text talk so everyone has a chance to learn ...

Exactly, not to mention probably 50% of people cheated the quiz anyway. I think this is a brilliant opportunity to teach new players, who may not have the best RP skills, but are willing to learn, and you can be assured that those who come on just to piss around will be dealt with.
Nothing to add to what Giga, Nicholas. and Speakybutton said, however, I wanted to let you know that Helpers can deal with teaching new players, as that is actually what we're here for!(it would take some time, but atleast we'll give new players the chance to experiance what RCRP actually is).

Galt

Donator
This server stinks. The reason everyone left was because of the blatant favouritism evident in all sections of the community. The attitude between players has been terrible and the fundamental respect holding the community together has been broken. You just need to look at the backstabbing (you know who i'm talking about), the rise in complaints that are bordering childish and the immaturity displayed in the content of this server.

Good riddance to bad news. Myself and five friends in my town used to play this server together. We've simply lost faith in what it can provide.

Lior

Banned
lol you realize the server is dying only when the server reaches 5 players.
you all are fucking biased and don't realize the server is doing shit. "yes we need u to know that we will update blah blah" it happens every fucking time. Stand up for ur damn words.
you saying if we criticize the admins has nothing to do with it. because u all volunteered to do it. So fucking do it and don't whine that u aint got time to do the tasks. There are many other ppl that'd love to devote their time for the server's development. lmao

DogNo

Donator
Galt said:
This server stinks. The reason everyone left was because of the blatant favouritism evident in all sections of the community. The attitude between players has been terrible and the fundamental respect holding the community together has been broken. You just need to look at the backstabbing (you know who i'm talking about), the rise in complaints that are bordering childish and the immaturity displayed in the content of this server.

Good riddance to bad news. Myself and five friends in my town used to play this server together. We've simply lost faith in what it can provide.

I am here from a year and smth only, and I can confirm everything written above, or atleast the admin part. I will just leave this here - viewtopic.php?f=903&t=108937.
>There is a pursuit
>Charles teleports a cruiser to him.
>There are 2-3 more cruisers on the evaders.
>The evaders have managed to escape.
>Charles teleports back the cruiser to them.
>Charles is found innocent.
This proves how corrupt the admin complaint system is, if you tell me now it isn't, I won't even bother answering.

Charles

Retired Admin
Daniel_Sanchez said:
Galt said:

I am here from a year and smth only, and I can confirm everything written above, or atleast the admin part. I will just leave this here - http://redcountyrp.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 3&t=108937.
>There is a pursuit
>Charles teleports a cruiser to him.
>There are 2-3 more cruisers on the evaders.
>The evaders have managed to escape.
>Charles teleports back the cruiser to them.
>Charles is found innocent.
This proves how corrupt the admin complaint system is, if you tell me now it isn't, I won't even bother answering.
Doubt you even know the full story to be honest. You're just making assumptions.

Kemp

Retired Admin
Daniel_Sanchez said:
if you tell me now it isn't, I won't even bother answering.
you just entirely nulled your argument in one sentence.
you IMPLICITLY outlined how skewed your judgement is and how misconceived you are by failing to even recognise a response, it's almost as if you've been indoctrinated. i stand by what charles has put above, you don't know the full story.

(damn, i replied when you didn't want a response - i must be wrong!)

LeifBirger

Donator
Kemp said:
Daniel_Sanchez said:
you IMPLICITLY outlined how skewed your judgement is and how misconceived you are by failing to even recognise a response, it's almost as if you've been indoctrinated. i stand by what charles has put above, you don't know the full story.

If the full story wasn't outlined in that complaint, then I don't understand how a decission could be made. You wish to enlighten us?

Kemp

Retired Admin
LeifBirger said:
Kemp said:
Daniel_Sanchez said:

If the full story wasn't outlined in that complaint, then I don't understand how a decission could be made. You wish to enlighten us?
a variety of reasons - one being that most complaints involve(d) jet looking through the server log for concrete evidence.

LeifBirger

Donator
Kemp said:
LeifBirger said:
Kemp said:
Daniel_Sanchez said:

a variety of reasons - one being that most complaints involve(d) jet looking through the server log for concrete evidence.

Well then I'd like to make a suggestion: Try to be more transparent when concluding something as serious as an admin complaint and back up the verdict with evidence and arguments. Otherwise it may often seem unfair

Karner

Banned
LeifBirger said:
Kemp said:
LeifBirger said:
Kemp said:
Daniel_Sanchez said:

Well then I'd like to make a suggestion: Try to be more transparent when concluding something as serious as an admin complaint and back up the verdict with evidence and arguments. Otherwise it may often seem unfair

Posting the relevant logs in the additional comments of the unsuccessful format would seem like a good idea. I've still found that administrators have only got a slap on the wrist even when they have done something that's warranted being fired and some administrators being fired for doing much lesser things. I'm not going into detail with such; but I can assure you that this has happened on more than a dozen occasions