What's new

'Current Server Status': A Detailed Response

Jeffy™

Retired Admin
Oh well, here we go again. I am speaking out of experience as I have been in such an issue not two years ago, right here on an announcement on the RC:RP forums.

Let me start:
1.) Joining the server. Long ago, while the RC:RP was still pretty fresh on the lists, there was no such thing as a quiz, no such thing as auto-kick for NON-RP name. I was getting kicked for using the name Jeff_Hardy not once and twice, until a honorable past member of the staff - Cruzito Canderias explained to me that this is a name, used by a ex. WWE wrestler and I cannot use famous names on a RP server, because I have to create my own character and develop my personality. It was somthing that got me really into my next characters and made me passionate about RP. When I was in my fresh levels ( 1 - 5,6,7) I couldn't barely use ENGLISH. I joined an unofficial gang, where I was taught the basics of ENGLISH and some sort of RP ( The S/F system of RP, if you have ever used it) Yes, I spent hours and hours of observing the leader and the other memebers' /me's and /do's and sooner rather than later, I was able to RP on a decent level. On my way to achieveing this, I was granted with a lot of goods ( money and promotions I.EX.)
2.) The psycho-portrait of a ''noob''. Alright, we've all been there. Have you felt good when people were turning over to you with the phrase - lol he's a noob, or woah, what a newbish reaction? I don't think so.
As every other player, the new players are good, for YOU and for the server. I'll use the word - USE. YES, you can use the new players, get friends with them, make them help you, just as an immigrant, he'll most likely clean your toilet for a /movein or some money...The sever will have a better playerbase and a good ground for improvements. Because, let's be honest, if the same 30-40 people are playing, every new change will be good for about 2-3 days, until the get used to it again, and this happens over and over again. I am not giving examples of myself here, because I don't want to be accused of bragging or some sort of that ( I'll get to that later on).
3.) The economy. Yes, everyone wants to be rich, but having EVERYONE RICH is something close to anarchy. Hell, I can give one million dollars to a cop so I won't spent 60 minutes in jail, if I have to. If you have 20 more, awaiting just to be spend, would that milli bother you? But hey, if you have a nice house, that you want to buy, but the owner wants mroe than you posses? Having a + 1 million, just for leaving a person to go, that would be more than welcome. Now, we know that OOC corruption is forbidden, WHY IS IT FORBIDDEN? Because there are TOO MANY rich people. There's nothing like that in real life, Yes, the constitution bans the corruption, but so what? I have 3/4 of the my country's government beeing corrupted, so obvious that it's getting embarressing, there's no admin to ban them, is there?
4.) The CURRENT playerbase. Some people here are playing since the server started ( Not more than 5-6 as far as I am aware) and yes, you get tired of passing over the same old periods over and over again. I, myself have witnessed THREE generations of roleplayers coming in and going out over the last five years.
The first were the NOT-SO-ELITE ones, where everyone was helping you, COME ON! THere was not even a section in the complaints , and EVEN A RULE for scamming...Simply because no one was scamming. They were all doing their jobs, doing what they gotta do and so on. The second one, was the Yass' one. He was not an amazing Roleplayer, he simply was REALLY creative. Everyone learned something off him, in the meaning of CREATING a roleplay. That was the bad thing about the first generation, CREATING YOUR OWN roleplay. They were all waiting for their leader, or so to speak TEACHER to come and learn or create something for them. The second one was pushed over for people to create their own RP. Yet, some of us are still trying to bare with this, or as myself I am getting really tired of RPíng on my own, because I don't find anything else more interesting to do. The third generation, I would allow myself to label as the jackass one. Bunch of smartasses thinking they are the GODS of roleplay, going around, doing whatever the fuck they want, simply because - don't white in /b. It was hard to deal with those, but not impossible. That lasted for a while. Now about our current generation - it's a mixture of those badasses, doing whatever the fuck they want, combining the OOC aknowledge of the person's STATUS on the server ( never the less this has nothing to do with the IC stuff, but oh well..) backed up by OOC friendships. It's something so deeply wrong, that I face diffculties finding the right words to describe it, JUST so you can image my point of view.
5.) Helping new players. Now, If everyone is helping, you don't get special for helping someone, do you? Just like you are not special, if you are the leader of a un-official LEGAL faction. You've got nothing different than the other players. But hey, in our current community, having the Helper status and the swag around a single help is out of hands. What the hell? You get admin messages announcing that you are HELPING? What the fuck is this? Do I get admin messages for driving in a RP manner? No? Yes, I am placing the RP driving and new players helping on the same line, because they are nothing special, you don't deserve extra credit for HELPING someone, a simple THANK YOU from the ones you've helped should be enough, and ofcourse the feeling that you've done something good today, apart from the usual ''get money, buy stuff, brag'' ideology.
6.) This is like the fourth admin team, that has to deal with people's ignorance and the low player base.
I will allow myself to give an advice for the admin team. Some people play here to get to the admin status, simply because they observe the all mighty admins, having fun and all, winning in every RP, simply because they are admins, doing whatever the fuck they want, because LOL! The ADMIN complaint handler is an ADMIN himself...It's like, Why would I write a POOR note to my classmate, if I am the one noting him. Well probably if I hate him, I could, but that's like 1/20 chance. Fell me? You aim to change to community, but you TOO are part of that community. Help people, be nice to new players, advertise - YES! But you should help too! I was facing ignorance from -----------------3/4------------- of the admin team. No response to messages, no response to assistances, NO response to complaints...You know, I would AIM to make friends in the admin team, simply because I will know that if something goes WRONG I will have a man that will do something about it, not FACE IGNORRANCE like 1/2 of the server does. Beeing an admin here is threated as something special here, but I have always threated the admins, just as they are nothing more than me. Yet, We've had admins acting like normal players, that were fired for OOC fun, not doing their admin duties and so on over the years.
7.) My final two words:
If you think I am just a random looser, aiming to get attention, believe that's not the case here.
I am HERE from FIVE years, and I have seen almost everything. The reason why I am close to become 19 years old, and I have just spend 20 minutes of my SUNDAY time to write this down, is because I CARE about this server. I always HAS. I have been away for a quite good time, but something pushed me back again. I see Phil, Karner, Doddsy, Burns and a bunch of old-schoolers to drop by the forums or IG every now and than, because YES, those old times made you care about something. I have been aiming the admin status myself too, but I figured that I won't pass my triel, simply because I won't be bothered to stay on admin duty all the time, and my frist thing to do when I log IG is to greet all the players with a good /asay - Hello fellow RC:RP players :3 . You know, the current so called Management won;t ''tolerate'' such an action. From my point of view, if you have to be in the management, you have to be ingorant as fuck and, I don't know what else. I have NEVER received a reply from a MANAGEMENT member ( Be it a /pm or forum PM) Jetty, BigD and Tommy - not even once. Not that I have been receiving any of them when they were JUST players like me, or when they were just admins. YES, I do have been threated good when they were on their trials, but that really speaks no good, so I will stop, because I don't want to blame here. I just want you people to pay attention, EVERYONE should change their attitude from the TOP to the BOTTOM ( beeing the newest player on RC:RP). I hadly can call a COMMUNITY a player-base that aims to because admin, rich or well-known because of their friends. Come on guys! My FIRST goal was to learn ENGLISH, and the second was to LEARN HOW TO RP!!! I have achieved everything, with hard work, and using AS LESS AS POSSIBLE FRIENDSHIPS. I have been in every single faction, yes in Aperture, I even made it to the Executive, because that was the highest you could climb at that time. There was only Volker and Burns on top, no one else, and it was pretty good, I have been in Hitman and in almost every faction that you can think of, let it be official or un-official, legal or illegal. I have been a Helper Mod in the old system and I have been a Helper in the new system, it's nothing different, apart from having to write an ESSAY in order to have the SCRIPT-WISE rights to HELP PEOPLE...Every restriction and every new rulse, is created because of SOMETHING, something that the player-base abused. I told you, there was not even a SCAM rule, long ago, because none was scamming, because none was aiming to get rich, because they were busy with other goals. I became rich in the mid-2014, having already played for 4 years...You have level 11 millionaires all over...That's not good, is it?
If someone was harmed by this post, I apologies.
Jeffy

Ink

Retired Admin
Definitely worth the time spent writting this Jeffy, you nailed it.