What's new

Concise Actions, Stronger Words & More

PackAttack

Silver Member
this ^^

If you can type fast then why wouldn't you type something detailed like "/me takes a cigarette out of his battered packet, before placing it inbetween his teeth and lighting it" instead of "/me lights bifta"
Concise, short /me's convey your point more clearly and quickly. They're better in my opinion, and long /me's are just running on for no clear reason. Concise and to the point is the way to go.

PackAttack

Silver Member
This is what it boils down to tbh, kinda a pointless thread
No... not pointless at all. This guide is a useful, in-depth guide to curious players on how to use concise actions. It's not mandatory but it allows them to understand how and why it's done.

Sinnex

Donator
tldr don't write 10 lines to open a door, use reasonable length for your descriptions

bobocrunch7

Donator
detailed RP is always a bonus imo but if youre going to butcher the english language and all its conventions while doing so just type /me sits

carsambali666

Donator
this is exactly beautiful. In my opinion to RP in the way that is displayed in this guide, makes the roleplay experience simpler, more realistic and even more enjoyable for the players. I'll try to get rid of my habit to state the songs that I'm playing in my car with a /do line soon. s/o zebby for linking me up to that greatly prepared guide.

Last edited:

GlorifiedPig

Donator
i agree with most of this guide, but i think some /mes should be more detailed. for example, i like to detail when i have a firm handshake instead of just /me shakes hands, and i like to wipe my seat before i sit down, but everything else was very well said