What's new

Changes To Be Made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffy™

Retired Admin
Because we are humans, everyone is abusing alot or abit, so i don't get what is the big deal with it. Ofcourse if you will give the commands to a person ( Abot Earl's post) you know he have to be trusted. You can't authorize the first three persons you see..so to speak.

Seeker

Platinum Member
Here's my opinion:
I honestly think the moderators/admins should really start listening to the people's story before straight ajailing/banning them.
And something else..I think a warning would be more helpfull than an Ajail.If you just ajail a player he wouldn't give a simple fuck about what has he done wrongly and go /afk unless he's released of the admin jail.
If you first warn a player,he would try to not repat his mistake,because no-one wants to be ajailed.However,this is only for a few Non-RP actions.If a player powergames in a shootout,then i think he should be ajailed,but if a player mistakely types something OOC'ly in IC chat,I think it would be better if he first gets a warning.

Andrew

Silver Member
Seeker said:
Here's my opinion:
I honestly think the moderators/admins should really start listening to the people's story before straight ajailing/banning them.
And something else..I think a warning would be more helpfull than an Ajail.If you just ajail a player he wouldn't give a simple fuck about what has he done wrongly and go /afk unless he's released of the admin jail.
If you first warn a player,he would try to not repat his mistake,because no-one wants to be ajailed.However,this is only for a few Non-RP actions.If a player powergames in a shootout,then i think he should be ajailed,but if a player mistakely types something OOC'ly in IC chat,I think it would be better if he first gets a warning.

I wouldn't really say that's the problem at the moment, i cant remember who said what but i agree its the Newbies, Lack of well spoken English, and the economy which is completely fucking up the RP. Admins and Mods try their best to give a fair punishment but when your constantly getting the same stuff from players just being dumb, then ajailing/banning/kicking them is the only way to get it into their heads. We do try listen but when somebody moans about a 10 min ajail its just pointless. There really has to be a bond between admins and the payers, im sure i speak for the whole admin team when i say we try to bond with players, but you will only get our respect if you respect us. Sorry but that's just the way it is.

Me, Patrick and Alec are currently brainstorming for new ideas for side jobs etc, i wont give out anything yet however they should bring more RP and make it just that little bit more exciting. There is also a problem with OOC fuckery, Admins can only enforce the rules, Players are the ones who make the server so if you cant all get along and just keep moaning just because you don't agree with someones /do then its just going to cause problems. If you have a disagreement try and be mature, either let it slide or just try talk it out, i think it was grant that said its all about MATURITY and yes he is 100% correct, I know im not exactly the most mature person but i can get serious at times. As for that new helper mod commands i cant see that working, sorry but i cant. The current helper mods will be disciplined in regard to the LET HELPER MODS ANSWER, we should all help each other, thats the way it should be. Think this is the most iv ever typed....however please take on board what i have said and don't just blame the way admins treat players because lets be honest, the stricter the better.

Beauregard

Donator
Redneck said:
Big support from me.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=20546

Here is a suggestion I posted concerning Angel Pine, and more RP. The photos correspond with the caption directly underneath them.

EX:
AP trailer park - noob spawn
AP medical center - respawn point after death
AP church - interior scripted for RP like PC church has
AP scrapyard - sync it with BB scrapping to avoid spam and allow players to /scrapcar here
The 3rd building next door to the AP church can become a 2nd DMV where noobs who spawn in AP do not have to find a way to Monty to get their license.

Further along in my topic, I suggested a sidejob using the AP sawmill and BB lumberyard, hauling logs from the lumberyard to the sawmill.

Patrick

Retired Admin
I personally think that the only commands needed to help newbies are:

/n
/b
/assistance

/n is obvious; We need to answer their questions.
/b is if we wish to give them a tour of the server.
/assistance is simply to ask an admin permission to be OOC.

The helper suggestions above, although full of good intent, would inevitably be abused and for that reason I would avoid going down that route.

Zomane

Donator
Karner said:
Why did you say retarded? I agree, but calling people names is not what this topic is about..

The reason I call them retarded is because, about 30 times I've talked to a helper mod via /pm, usually a quiet and nice sentence like this:

'Please try to be friendlier to newbies, mate.'

Here's what I got: ' dude, get lost and stop pming me.'

When you make a mistake, aka not helping a newbie, it is acceptable.
When someone points out that mistake, whining about it, makes you an official retard, and these sort of people piss me off.

I did also send a complain to Jazz about a helper mod, but apparently no action was taken so I've stopped trying.

/PM FTW, I see a newbie that needs help and I'm not into some heavy/intense RP, I use /pm and try to help him.

I also do try to encourage others to do the same, but meh, RCRP is RCRP.

Tristan

Gold Member
Earl_Williams said:
Tristan said:
It's a fact that if you want to be able to play here, you MUST be able to SPEAK AND WRITE AND UNDERSTAND English VERY well. If newbies KNOW how to speak English, the veterans (or maybe a special team of players who help out newbies (being able to /tp to them, /freeze them, /mute them as long as they're level 1 or 2), can actually HELP the newbies. If they don't speak English, /ban. Simple.
That's what needs to happen ;)
And Andrew, I'd be happy to work that thing with the special team out for you as this was probably a little :frustrated: mhmm

I'm not sure about the /ban abillity though. I'm almost 100% sure that a lot of players would go 'admin-vigilante' and start banning people for breaking the server rules, most likely without investigating, or just to troll their friends.
I meant /ban as in, admins can ban. ;)
Not that team of helpers. It could be like a support team. I'll work it out and send it to Jazzy tonight.

Saint

Donator
is it that hard? Just make players do an application to register on the server. This is on [XX]:RP and it is actually working very well, I got in and there is not a single noob there, only pros. This and only this is the way to change the cheap rp shit of this server, to something actually worth the time we spend on building it up. New players constantly keep entering our servers with terrible grammar, lack or rp and breaking the rules. How come? I'll tell ya, youtube. If we make every player do the application, no more noobs are guaranteed. Imagine RCRP with only pros and experienced players. Application is the only way to bring the server to the high rp that it was. Now the server is below light rp, let's be honest... Anyway hope I made my point.

Neku

Donator
Roleplay as if you would in real life, in a terrorist roleplay that just resulted in a plane crash in central Montgomery today and RPly there's engines and gears flying all over, a civilian comes and is like: What happened? I mean, what the fuck?? You wouldn't do that in real life were you? Unless you've got the guts to, you could maybe be shot upon because a terrorist situation is highly dangerous and civilians would not DARE to go to the place where the act is. So seriously, start roleplaying as if you would in real life, I mean, like please... thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.