What's new

Changes To Be Made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

Donator
I think the lack of maturity in the server is a high degree, and people SERIOUSLY need to understand that is just a GAME. It does NOT reflect real life.

Jeffy™

Retired Admin
Grant said:
I think the lack of maturity in the server is a high degree, and people SERIOUSLY need to understand that is just a GAME. It does NOT reflect real life.
Very true fact, indeed.

Tristan

Gold Member
Zomane said:
IMO, 60% of helper mods are retarded and don't deserve helper mod.
Why?

Newbie Bla_Bla: hi, how do i earn money?
Newbie Bla2_Bla2: Try sidejobs, using /jobs, they are good for level 1 and earn very good money for low levels.
Helper Mod Epic_Awesome: Muted, let helpers answer.

Newbie Bla3_Bla3: hi, how to earn money here?
Helper Mod Epic_Awesome: sidejobs.
Newbie Bla3_Bla3: how do i do sidejobs? how many sidejobs are there?
Helper Mod Epic_Awesome: /jobs
Newbie Bla3_Bla3: ok, what do i need for sidejobs?
Helper Mod Epic_Awesome: MUTED, SPAMMING /N, SURPRISE MOTHFUCKER IM A HELPER MOD!!!!!!!!

Yeah..... that's how HELPER MODS treat newbies. Don't even get me started on regular players and helpers.

That's why I had a guide for helpers and helper mods some time ago.

Now about improving...

It's a fact that if you want to be able to play here, you MUST be able to SPEAK AND WRITE AND UNDERSTAND English VERY well. If newbies KNOW how to speak English, the veterans (or maybe a special team of players who help out newbies (being able to /tp to them, /freeze them, /mute them as long as they're level 1 or 2), can actually HELP the newbies. If they don't speak English, /ban. Simple.
That's what needs to happen ;)
And Andrew, I'd be happy to work that thing with the special team out for you as this was probably a little :frustrated: mhmm

Earl

Head of Maps
Mapper
Tristan said:
It's a fact that if you want to be able to play here, you MUST be able to SPEAK AND WRITE AND UNDERSTAND English VERY well. If newbies KNOW how to speak English, the veterans (or maybe a special team of players who help out newbies (being able to /tp to them, /freeze them, /mute them as long as they're level 1 or 2), can actually HELP the newbies. If they don't speak English, /ban. Simple.
And Andrew, I'd be happy to work that thing with the special team out for you as this was probably a little :frustrated: mhmm

Such a team would be actually a good idea, but only if such helpers were to be choosen either by reccomendations (as in one of the admins suggests Helpful_Player on the admin board, and other admins can voice their opinion and vote) - or by an old (stage-wise) admin.
I'm not sure about the /ban abillity though. I'm almost 100% sure that a lot of players would go 'admin-vigilante' and start banning people for breaking the server rules, most likely without investigating, or just to troll their friends. To prevent abuse of the ban command - that helper team would have to make a screenshot of every thing they punish the newbies for - in case that there's a chance that one of them keeps making wrong decisions or acts without actually seeing the situation. If the admin team finds out that you're not suitable for the powers you were given, you get permanently removed from the team - which will also make you gain a bad reputation, most likely making you unable to join the admin team - yet another thing that'll make you think twice before acting.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The only commands that these people, in my opinion, should be allowed to use, would be:

/tp (newbies usually have no idea where they are, and it's be pretty hard to find one the basic way - believe me, I tried);
/nmute (this one's rather obvious);
/ban (the most harsh way uf punishment, aswell as the only one which the helper team would have access to - with strict rules regarding the ban reasons. The most basic one - cheating on the quiz. You ask afew questions that appeared in it, if the person is struggling to answer, or is trying to google it (no response for a long time), you hit the screenshot button and do your thing. Next reason would be not being able to communicate - which would be either terrible, un-understandable english, or not responding to your actions. Of course, the same thing applies here - you must have proof that the person is ignorning you on purpose, and not just simply being AFK. Next reason - hacks. Yeah, it might not be directly related with helping, but think about it - if you see a person driving through Red County in a Rhino, and you can prove that - then it shouldn't cause any problems. Moving on, this time an example: You're walking on the Palomino Creek beach, and a random 1lvl walks over to you and says: "Hey Helpful_Player, wanna go fishing?". What do you do, do you ban him? The answer is - no. You're a helper, right? You're supposed to help people. Tell him that he did wrong, teach him how to greet players that he've never met before, give him an example - make sure he understood it. Same goes with basically all the server rules - and remember, if the newbie doesn't know what, for example, metagaming is in practise doesn't mean that he cheated on the quiz. He might know the right answer, but iis simply confused by the amount of informations and don't know how to remember them all.)
/hduty on [ID] (I am not quite sure about this command yet - all I know that it can not be the same as /aduty, as we'd just have a bunch of helpers messing around OOCly, pretending to help. The ID addition would make you have to choose a newbie before going on-duty, it would make both your and his nickname green - and make other players able to easily report you. How? Simply, there's nobody near you with a green nametag - you're probably abusing it by either choosing a random person and not doing anything with her, or 'helping' your friend with a 1-2 level account.)
You may think - four commands? That's... That's all? Well yes, that is all! Remember, you're a Helper, not an admin.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Basically, a normal helping session would look like this:
1. You press TAB and search through the scoreboard, trying to find a level 1 player.
2. After you fond one, you teleport to him - and nicely ask if he wants your help. THat's because about 1/4 of the low levels are peoples' alt accounts, and these people won't need your help most likely. Alright, so a newbie accepted your offer? Good! Move on to the next part. And what if he didn't accept it? Well, that's a problem, but don't give up! If he likes the server, he'll most likely stay and start testing the server - that's when you can go ahead and ask again, and I'm pretty sure your offer will be accepted.
3. Got it. You found a newbie, now what? It's easy, /hduty on Newbie_Player and start doing your thing. You ask what your thing is? Well, use common sense, think about what a new player needs to start and enjoy playing on the server. There's a load of things you can do for her, helping her with licenses, getting her a new skin, showing her how to fish and do sidejobs, how to change accents, where to buy a phone and how to use it, where to put up adverts, how to use animations, where to get their payday, where and how to buy vehicles, how to get employeed, etc. Be creative!
4. Alright, the newbie knows all the server basics, what now? Now it's the right time to start roleplaying. /hduty off and have a simple talk with the newbie, check their typing skills (also, don't mention things like "Fix your grammar please", you know it's not possible to do such thing in 5 minutes, it needs a lot of hard work and practise.), see if they know how to use the /me and /do commands correctly, if not - teach them!
5. So you've showed the newbie around, and you know that he can RP properly now, what do you do? Well, you've got two ways - you find a new player to teach, or you simply head over to your business.

I hope I made myself clear with this idea, and I believe that it's actually possible to make this thing exist - it's just that the admins need to have trust in the community, and the community, or at least some of it's members have to show that they're mature enough to handle this change.

Kabo

Donator
Andrew said:
RCRP Community,There is a topic like this on the Admin board made by me also for a more mature approach ;) but just thought id made one here as well. Basically there has been a lot of moaning about certain things (newbies, Whining etc) so basically either post about a way to stop them from happening or post something that you think would improve RP, or even just make the server more exciting. Don't counter post, meaning if someone says something don't post back with a negative comment. Only comment if your improving something someone else has said. You have asked for the admin team and alec to listen to you more often so here is your chance, please show some maturity and handle this well, if you cannot stay orderly and end up taking digs at each other then this topic will simply be locked. Here is you chance so don't fuck it up.
Finally, the boss has spoken.
BTW, you are totally right abut every word you have said.

Fleur

Retired Admin
Earl_Williams said:
Tristan said:

Such a team would be actually a good idea, but only if such helpers were to be choosen either by reccomendations (as in one of the admins suggests Helpful_Player on the admin board, and other admins can voice their opinion and vote) - or by an old (stage-wise) admin.
I'm not sure about the /ban abillity though. I'm almost 100% sure that a lot of players would go 'admin-vigilante' and start banning people for breaking the server rules, most likely without investigating, or just to troll their friends. To prevent abuse of the ban command - that helper team would have to make a screenshot of every thing they punish the newbies for - in case that there's a chance that one of them keeps making wrong decisions or acts without actually seeing the situation. If the admin team finds out that you're not suitable for the powers you were given, you get permanently removed from the team - which will also make you gain a bad reputation, most likely making you unable to join the admin team - yet another thing that'll make you think twice before acting.

The only commands that these people, in my opinion, should be allowed to use, would be:

/tp (newbies usually have no idea where they are, and it's be pretty hard to find one the basic way - believe me, I tried);
/nmute (this one's rather obvious);
/ban (the most harsh way uf punishment, aswell as the only one which the helper team would have access to - with strict rules regarding the ban reasons. The most basic one - cheating on the quiz. You ask afew questions that appeared in it, if the person is struggling to answer, or is trying to google it (no response for a long time), you hit the screenshot button and do your thing. Next reason would be not being able to communicate - which would be either terrible, un-understandable english, or not responding to your actions. Of course, the same thing applies here - you must have proof that the person is ignorning you on purpose, and not just simply being AFK. Next reason - hacks. Yeah, it might not be directly related with helping, but think about it - if you see a person driving through Red County in a Rhino, and you can prove that - then it shouldn't cause any problems. Moving on, this time an example: You're walking on the Palomino Creek beach, and a random 1lvl walks over to you and says: "Hey Helpful_Player, wanna go fishing?". What do you do, do you ban him? The answer is - no. You're a helper, right? You're supposed to help people. Tell him that he did wrong, teach him how to greet players that he've never met before, give him an example - make sure he understood it. Same goes with basically all the server rules - and remember, if the newbie doesn't know what, for example, metagaming is in practise doesn't mean that he cheated on the quiz. He might know the right answer, but iis simply confused by the amount of informations and don't know how to remember them all.)
/hduty on [ID] (I am not quite sure about this command yet - all I know that it can not be the same as /aduty, as we'd just have a bunch of helpers messing around OOCly, pretending to help. The ID addition would make you have to choose a newbie before going on-duty, it would make both your and his nickname green - and make other players able to easily report you. How? Simply, there's nobody near you with a green nametag - you're probably abusing it by either choosing a random person and not doing anything with her, or 'helping' your friend with a 1-2 level account.)
You may think - four commands? That's... That's all? Well yes, that is all! Remember, you're a Helper, not an admin.

Basically, a normal helping session would look like this:
1. You press TAB and search through the scoreboard, trying to find a level 1 player.
2. After you fond one, you teleport to him - and nicely ask if he wants your help. THat's because about 1/4 of the low levels are peoples' alt accounts, and these people won't need your help most likely. Alright, so a newbie accepted your offer? Good! Move on to the next part. And what if he didn't accept it? Well, that's a problem, but don't give up! If he likes the server, he'll most likely stay and start testing the server - that's when you can go ahead and ask again, and I'm pretty sure your offer will be accepted.
3. Got it. You found a newbie, now what? It's easy, /hduty on Newbie_Player and start doing your thing. You ask what your thing is? Well, use common sense, think about what a new player needs to start and enjoy playing on the server. There's a load of things you can do for her, helping her with licenses, getting her a new skin, showing her how to fish and do sidejobs, how to change accents, where to buy a phone and how to use it, where to put up adverts, how to use animations, where to get their payday, where and how to buy vehicles, how to get employeed, etc. Be creative!
4. Alright, the newbie knows all the server basics, what now? Now it's the right time to start roleplaying. /hduty off and have a simple talk with the newbie, check their typing skills (also, don't mention things like "Fix your grammar please", you know it's not possible to do such thing in 5 minutes, it needs a lot of hard work and practise.), see if they know how to use the /me and /do commands correctly, if not - teach them!
5. So you've showed the newbie around, and you know that he can RP properly now, what do you do? Well, you've got two ways - you find a new player to teach, or you simply head over to your business.

I hope I made myself clear with this idea, and I believe that it's actually possible to make this thing exist - it's just that the admins need to have trust in the community, and the community, or at least some of it's members have to show that they're mature enough to handle this change.
I've been doing this even way before I became an administrator, and I honestly think you don't need commands, well, those commands to help people. What I can say about our environment is it's not very newbie-friendly. A lot of people live in their own bubbles of superiority complex (or what I like to call the "Oh, random level 1 must be a noob! mindset"), and will simply rage on the said new person once the RP doesn't go how they wanted it to happen. Get rid of that and replace it with initiative - that's one of the things we need.

Scuba

Donator
The only thing that puzzles me is that we have this quiz that I nearly failed and I can RP and speak English properly, but then we got this other guy who can't even spell "Spell" in English, and hes running around fist dming and ruining rp, I- I mean WTF how does that happen seriously?

Oh and people who are immature and never take anything seriously...

Jazz

Retired Admin
I'd start writing a wall of text as big as the twin towers used to be, but unfortunately i can't, preperations preperations and preperations IRL are just taking away a part of my free time... A few other admins had created such a topic along with Andrew, so don't worry, we're going to have an admin meeting today/tomorrow. We'll keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.