Not open for further replies.

Timothy

Donator
Giga said:
Timothy said:
Earl said:
DiScala said:
Earl said:

I'm under the assumption winter RP ends January 1st?
It'll end whenever people grow bored/tired of it most likely. Last year it was around the end of December so yeah, I think we ended it on the 1st of January. I'm all up for extending the time though, if people will still want to roleplay it by then.

IMO it should extend for at least two months so people can develop fully of RP.
As much as winter roleplay is great year-end event, people do get bored of it rather quickly. Most complaints surround on the limitations that it produces (driving limitations and speed limits, for example)

I think people get bored because they have little creation towards around snow RP. For example, I've bought a pickup, changed it to snow or thicker tyres and have /clothing myself to make a hoodie and beanie. The sky is the limit but I think players just need to use it more. Plus, small events like snow blizzards where being outside would be harmful could be cool add-ons or roads closed because of snow overs.

DiScala

Silver Member
Earl said:
DiScala said:
Earl said:

I'm under the assumption winter RP ends January 1st?
It'll end whenever people grow bored/tired of it most likely. Last year it was around the end of December so yeah, I think we ended it on the 1st of January. I'm all up for extending the time though, if people will still want to roleplay it by then.

Just asking for my faction.

Copfan5

Retired Admin
After a talk with a few administrators and a management member, we have decided to allow 4x4 vehicles to have a bit of a faster speed limit on the roads. Following is a breakdown of the new speed limits for 4x4's ONLY and a list of acceptable 4x4 vehicles.

Level 1: 90mph
Level 2: 75mph
Level 3: 55mph
Level 4: 35mph

Acceptable 4x4 vehicles: Landstalker, BF Injection, Patriot, Quad, Rancher, FBI Rancher, Sandking, Mesa, Yosemite, Bandito, Dune, Huntley, Police Ranger, Barracks, Flatbed

Jim

Retired Admin
Copfan5 said:
After a talk with a few administrators and a management member, we have decided to allow 4x4 vehicles to have a bit of a faster speed limit on the roads. Following is a breakdown of the new speed limits for 4x4's ONLY and a list of acceptable 4x4 vehicles.

Acceptable 4x4 vehicles: Landstalker, BF Injection, Patriot, Quad, Rancher, FBI Rancher, Sandking, Mesa, Yosemite, Bandito, Dune, Huntley, Police Ranger, Barracks, Flatbed
:luvrcrp:

hashtagelectro

Bronze Member
Copfan5 said:

Sultan has All Wheel Drive as in game and it represents a Rally oriented Subaru Impreza WRX of the 90s too. Please introduce it into the acceptable 4x4 Vehicles as it is capable of up to medium offroading due to its brilliant symetrical AWD System.
This is a wagon version of the Subaru that Sultan represents. You can pretty much see how much the tail / front lights are similar and also due to the diffrent GTA SA Wikis, you can find that information too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqboj5MMh8Y
EDIT:
Watch this one too, you'll be impressed what a Subaru model of the Sultan can do in real life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieggrV4msKc
2ND EDIT:
Just as a refference, look at a city SUV like the Huntley is and how easy it fails in a little bit of snow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jLF_DSG3to
And Also. Yosemite is Rear Wheel Drive and not 4x4. It should be EXCLUDED From the list because of it's pathetic offroad capabilities after some experience with it.
3RD EDIT:
4x4 Is not recommended by the manufacturers not to be used on roads or above a certain low speed limit because of their much worsened handling capabilities and very high dangerousness. And that's because of how 4x4 works, locking the differentials in the front and in the rear, which improves traction off the road, unlike an open differential, but is very bad for cornering and stability at higher speeds.

.stephen

Retired Admin
hashtagelectro said:
What he said
True, Sultan should be allowed for offroad, It's based on Subaru Impreza WRX that's preferably one of the best off-roaders (In class of sedans/station wagons)

BigFoe

Donator
Since when did this become a topic about complaining that your fast cars so you can drift and evade cops in isn't allowed? Just suck it up and stop complaining, only heavy duty trucks are being considered for the limitations. Not your speedy racer cars.

hashtagelectro

Bronze Member
BigFoe said:
Since when did this become a topic about complaining that your fast cars so you can drift and evade cops in isn't allowed? Just suck it up and stop complaining, only heavy duty trucks are being considered for the limitations. Not your speedy racer cars.
Did you even read all I said? Who the fuck said I was going to evade and drift around offroadingly? I was talking facts right there and I was complaining not about the Sultan being completely underestimated, as I tried to RP something like what you can see in real life with the Subarus offroading in snow and not be able to, but also about the completely fucked up logic about how the 4x4 System even works, which is completely unrealistic based on the logic stated in that post and also some cars that shouldn't be even considered capable of offroading such as the Yosemite or the Landstalker.

BigFoe

Donator
hashtagelectro said:
BigFoe said:
Did you even read all I said? Who the fuck said I was going to evade and drift around offroadingly? I was talking facts right there and I was complaining not about the Sultan being completely underestimated, as I tried to RP something like what you can see in real life with the Subarus offroading in snow and not be able to, but also about the completely fucked up logic about how the 4x4 System even works, which is completely unrealistic based on the logic stated in that post and also some cars that shouldn't be even considered capable of offroading such as the Yosemite or the Landstalker.

Its a game, cars are IC. Not irl.

Status
Not open for further replies.