What's new

What..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliver

Donator
Hi.

I'm trying to get a new avatar. I find the avatar I like, and try to submit it. Doesn't work.

I only get this message: "Information: Image file type mismatch: expected extension png but extension jpg given."

Can someone please explain what this means?

Giga

Donator
It usually means that the file name of the image you're uploading has the JPG extension, although it's actually a PNG image

Try to change the file's extension to .png. If that didn't resolve the issue, please provide me the file name of the image.

Jackson.

Donator
I advice using a PC as it won't work on a mobilephone. Press "All files or All types" whilst saving the picture directly onto your PC, then try uploading your avatar once more. It should work.

Giga

Donator
Avatar uploading works anywhere. The error provided is related to the file itself and not the device.

Jackson.

Donator
Giga said:
Avatar uploading works anywhere. The error provided is related to the file itself and not the device.
Exactly! You can't change the file itself -either JPG or PNG- on your mobilephone.. I've tried many times.

Giga

Donator
Jackson. said:
Giga said:
Exactly! You can't change the file itself -either JPG or PNG- on your mobilephone.. I've tried many times.

It entirely depends on your file browser.

Jackson.

Donator
Giga said:
Jackson. said:
Giga said:

It entirely depends on your file browser.
That's why I adviced using a PC! Would be faster, and less complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.