What's new

We are now roleplaying winter! [SnowFX level: 1]

Jack

Donator
Re: We are now roleplaying winter! [SnowFX level: 3]

I get an error code when launching SA-MP, I followed the tutorial video?

Cheesy

Gold Member

Kikboxr said:
I get an error code when launching SA-MP, I followed the tutorial video?

Make sure you're running the US 1.0 version, and try to restart your computer as well. I found that I had a corrupted process running the background, stopping it from launching.

EliteNinjaYT

Banned

I installed it but then kept crashing , I can now not get onto SAMP and dont know how to uninstall as it is my first time using mods.

2Fabulous

Retired Admin

This is what I did, step by step, and it worked like a charm:

-Download SnowMod
-Download SnowFX
-Download Cleo 4, here's a link: http://cleo.sannybuilder.com/
-Download Alci's IMG editor

Now, onto the installing part:
-Installed Alci's IMG editor
-Extracted SnowMod.rar into a random (empty) folder on my desktop
-Extracted SnowFX.rar into a random (empty) folder on my desktop
-Opened up Alci's IMG editor:
File > Open > Main GTA SA folder > models > gta3.img
-After you've done that, do this:
Actions > Import (remove if exists) > Find the folder where you extracted SnowMod.rar > Select all files and import them > File > Save > Actions > Rebuild
Done.
Next, install Cleo 4 (you just start the setup, it automatically finds your GTA SA main folder and installs it there).
Last and final, install SnowFX (again, you just start the setup from the folder where you extracted the SnowFX.rar and it automatically finds your GTA SA main folder and installs the mod there).

Now the only way this won't work is if you can't follow these simple instructions or if you had installed other texture mods before.
Couldn't make a simpler guide than this.

Codac

Donator

If anyone is experiencing crashes, I may have a fix to it. It was because my GTA:SA version was v1.0 EU, it HAS to be v1.0 USA. I have a link for a v1.0 USA torrent, if anyone is interested PM me and I'll give you a link to it. It won't take long as its only the .exe and took me about 5 minutes max.

EDIT: For anyone that doesn't have uTorrent and needs a v1.0 USA link, I've recently uploaded a version and if BigD can, I asked him to post it in the topic. For now, if you need the link PM me and I'll give it to you.