What's new

Stopping a brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWankCats

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2016
Messages
938
Location
London, England
SO imagine this. Metres from Monty park, road rage. The two players rp a bit, and then both agree to a brawl. However, as far as I'm aware, most fights in a public area are many times quickly broken up. In RCRP, the only way I've seen this happen is someone rping a spray can as a can of mace, and then a group of Samaritans restraining and calming down the two participants.

However, is this allowed? I'm normally reluctant to stop a fight, because just spraying out of nowhere doesn't give the two players time to respond. However, doing a /me followed by a /do can go wrong, as it would lead to /b chaos with a participant spamming 'STOPP', and it can give one player an unfair advantage over the other.

What I'm basically asking is, should I just spray the two participants or is there another way to stop the brawl?

(Of course, doing /me Rushes player 1 and then asking "You okau homie?" is always an option, but, nah)
 

MelkorHero

Donator
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
827
I'm no helper, but if you do a quick /me to spray the participant and scriptwise spray them a bit, it won't go into a ooc fight. After all, when a brawl is going, it's all script from this point.

I had it happen to me and we roleplayed the spray. Just make sure to roleplay it as bear spray or dog repellant because pepper spray is hard to get realistically.
 

IWankCats

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2016
Messages
938
Location
London, England
MelkorHero said:
I'm no helper, but if you do a quick /me to spray the participant and scriptwise spray them a bit, it won't go into a ooc fight. After all, when a brawl is going, it's all script from this point.

I had it happen to me and we roleplayed the spray. Just make sure to roleplay it as bear spray or dog repellant because pepper spray is hard to get realistically.

Thanks. Just didn't want to be crushed by people telling me I can't rp for shit. I'll do that from now on.
 

Thever

Donator
Joined
Oct 6, 2010
Messages
868
Location
The Netherlands
Instead of using a spray can to break up a fight, it might be more realistic to use a /me stating you pull one of the people fighting away or something, getting in between them. People normally don't tend to spray dog repellant or bear spray at two people fighting IRL. If they don't respond to your /me's, report them for powergaming as they have to react to your actions in some way.
 

MelkorHero

Donator
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
827
Thever said:
Instead of using a spray can to break up a fight, it might be more realistic to use a /me stating you pull one of the people fighting away or something, getting in between them. People normally don't tend to spray dog repellant or bear spray at two people fighting IRL. If they don't respond to your /me's, report them for powergaming as they have to react to your actions in some way.

That would be the perfect answer in a perfect world to a roleplay situation. But it's difficult to get someone to concentrate on the RP lines in the top left of his creen while you're concentrated on fighting it out with someone scriptwise.

But he's right, civilians usually DON'T involve themselves into a brawl. It's usually friends who breaks their own friends brawl or pull away someone. OR cops arrives and tackle and tazer if needed.

Hope this has helped you!
 

Patrick_Jonas

Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2016
Messages
14
MelkorHero said:
I'm no helper, but if you do a quick /me to spray the participant and scriptwise spray them a bit, it won't go into a ooc fight. After all, when a brawl is going, it's all script from this point.

I had it happen to me and we roleplayed the spray. Just make sure to roleplay it as bear spray or dog repellant because pepper spray is hard to get realistically.

You can buy pepper spray at any drug store .-.
 

Justin

Donator
Joined
Oct 20, 2013
Messages
2,095
Location
Hong Kong/London
Patrick_Jonas said:
MelkorHero said:
I'm no helper, but if you do a quick /me to spray the participant and scriptwise spray them a bit, it won't go into a ooc fight. After all, when a brawl is going, it's all script from this point.

I had it happen to me and we roleplayed the spray. Just make sure to roleplay it as bear spray or dog repellant because pepper spray is hard to get realistically.

You can buy pepper spray at any drug store .-.
No you can't lmao, you buy them at general stores :D
 

Queen

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2016
Messages
106
Don't bother. It's script play. Stopping to RP will just fuck the people up. Unless it's a private fight between people who know each other, just let it happen.
 

paxie

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2010
Messages
12,713
Queen said:
Don't bother. It's script play. Stopping to RP will just fuck the people up. Unless it's a private fight between people who know each other, just let it happen.

preach
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top