What's new

Stopping a brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWankCats

Silver Member
SO imagine this. Metres from Monty park, road rage. The two players rp a bit, and then both agree to a brawl. However, as far as I'm aware, most fights in a public area are many times quickly broken up. In RCRP, the only way I've seen this happen is someone rping a spray can as a can of mace, and then a group of Samaritans restraining and calming down the two participants.

However, is this allowed? I'm normally reluctant to stop a fight, because just spraying out of nowhere doesn't give the two players time to respond. However, doing a /me followed by a /do can go wrong, as it would lead to /b chaos with a participant spamming 'STOPP', and it can give one player an unfair advantage over the other.

What I'm basically asking is, should I just spray the two participants or is there another way to stop the brawl?

(Of course, doing /me Rushes player 1 and then asking "You okau homie?" is always an option, but, nah)

MelkorHero

Donator
I'm no helper, but if you do a quick /me to spray the participant and scriptwise spray them a bit, it won't go into a ooc fight. After all, when a brawl is going, it's all script from this point.

I had it happen to me and we roleplayed the spray. Just make sure to roleplay it as bear spray or dog repellant because pepper spray is hard to get realistically.

IWankCats

Silver Member
MelkorHero said:
I'm no helper, but if you do a quick /me to spray the participant and scriptwise spray them a bit, it won't go into a ooc fight. After all, when a brawl is going, it's all script from this point.

I had it happen to me and we roleplayed the spray. Just make sure to roleplay it as bear spray or dog repellant because pepper spray is hard to get realistically.

Thanks. Just didn't want to be crushed by people telling me I can't rp for shit. I'll do that from now on.

Thever

Donator
Instead of using a spray can to break up a fight, it might be more realistic to use a /me stating you pull one of the people fighting away or something, getting in between them. People normally don't tend to spray dog repellant or bear spray at two people fighting IRL. If they don't respond to your /me's, report them for powergaming as they have to react to your actions in some way.

MelkorHero

Donator
Thever said:
Instead of using a spray can to break up a fight, it might be more realistic to use a /me stating you pull one of the people fighting away or something, getting in between them. People normally don't tend to spray dog repellant or bear spray at two people fighting IRL. If they don't respond to your /me's, report them for powergaming as they have to react to your actions in some way.

That would be the perfect answer in a perfect world to a roleplay situation. But it's difficult to get someone to concentrate on the RP lines in the top left of his creen while you're concentrated on fighting it out with someone scriptwise.

But he's right, civilians usually DON'T involve themselves into a brawl. It's usually friends who breaks their own friends brawl or pull away someone. OR cops arrives and tackle and tazer if needed.

Hope this has helped you!

Patrick_Jonas

MelkorHero said:

You can buy pepper spray at any drug store .-.

Justin

Donator
Patrick_Jonas said:
MelkorHero said:

You can buy pepper spray at any drug store .-.
No you can't lmao, you buy them at general stores :D

Queen

Bronze Member
Don't bother. It's script play. Stopping to RP will just fuck the people up. Unless it's a private fight between people who know each other, just let it happen.

paxie

Legendary Member
Queen said:
Don't bother. It's script play. Stopping to RP will just fuck the people up. Unless it's a private fight between people who know each other, just let it happen.

preach

Status
Not open for further replies.