What's new

SP seizing assets to pay fines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cvnnor

Silver Member
Re: [TESTER] SP seizing assets to pay fines

with that attitude rcrp will never reach its full potential @slednecknewfie :) and if you wasn't aware, if you do not pay a fine after a certain period of time bailiffs are fully eligible to enter your house and take items of equivalent worth. In this case, a house/car/business would be the most suitable asset to seize when a person has $400,000 in fines. Whats the point in having a fine system when you can easily avoid the fine and then the fine gets removed once you spend 20/30 minutes in jail, its pathetic lol

Christopher

Retired Admin

This topic is supposed to discuss if it is possible currently, not in the future. Please make a suggestion topic for this if you'd like (if it isn't already in place, i have no idea). Please stay on topic and try to answer the question that has been asked by Rich. Thanks.

Giga

Donator

Well there is no such thing as a "warrant system" where the SASP can force players to take someone's assets, whether scriptwise or rule-wise.

At the end of the day, we are here to have fun. If they're not willing to pay a $500,000 fine then it's their choice. As they always say - "keep it IC".

Obviously this issue doesn't require a tester so I'll be removing the tag.

Let me know if you have any other concerns.

ConnorA

Donator
We have had this talk countless of times within the SP. Now we have come to a conclusion that again it would be an issue as people do not have single assets that equal say 500k etc etc. So, maybe we could take the assets UNTILL they pay the fine.

Just like the impound system, we keep it for how many hours we say. Maybe a system where we set it up so when we for example /seize put it under SASP's ownership and when they accept fine, it returns to the original owner.

Not really a big issue nor is it really needed but it'd be a good thing to do. Ok theres the civillian side of view "Oh, its unfair" but what about SASP? Is it fair that people can just get away with some times millions of dollars in fines and we cant do anything? All we can do is carry on arresting them and it gets annoying. People forget that its not just the civillians view that matters.

Giga

Donator
Jamie said:
SP already has every script-side advantage possible, seizing assets before we get a decent illegal system would be extremely unfair.

Indeed.

However, I'd like to notify everyone that there is already an existing suggestion in the suggestions board. It would be best to continue the discussion there as this is not the proper place to do one.

Is there anything else we can help you with or should we close this query, as your question has already been answered.

Jackson.

Donator
I believe this topic has been answered, and even given enough time for further discussion.
Locked & Archived.

Status
Not open for further replies.