What's new

Selecting character after logging in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy_Vestol

Hello,

I am a new player and was just accepted. I created a new character, and load up GTA SA. First, it claims it has to download 533 models and textures which all fail due to unresolved hostname error. It then asks me to login, which I do successfully, and it shows me my new character. This is where I am stuck as I cannot select or login to the character. I can click on him and his character information shows up in the top right of the screen, but I cannot proceed past that point.

I've tried reinstalling GTA SA and SAMP, but receive an error when installing SAMP that two font files cannot be read (gtaweap3.ttf and sampaux3.ttf). From what I've seen online, this error is harmless and should still function without it reading those two font files.

Has anyone ran into this before? Are those two font files absolutely necessary when logging in to my character?
Thanks in advance for any advice, it is greatly appreciated!
screenshot1.png
screenshot2.png

MattL019

Donator
Here is an announcement from the owner:
"it has come to my attention that there have been issues with downloading custom server content today. i've identified the issue and fixed it. sorry for any inconvenience"

I'd give it a quick try again and see how you get on, good luck!

Billy_Vestol

All good to lock it, if I am able to, I wasn't able to find the button.
Thanks Brian!

.stephen

Retired Admin
No problem, welcome to RCRP and enjoy. If you have any questions feel free to contact me :).

Status
Not open for further replies.