What's new

SA:MP Freezes my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreiwow2

I have windows 7!

If I alt tab and come back in game I have a black screen and then the sound stutters and the whole computer freeze, only thing I can do is restart.
Same thing happens if I try to press ALT + ENTER to make it window mode.

If I play without doing any of these it will freeze after few minutes or it will freeze at the login screen.

Also freezing when leaving an interior.

Windows 7
2GB Video
1TB memory
6GB Ram

Gee

Platinum Member
I had this with windows 10. Still fucks up sometimes when i ctrl+alt+del

Gee

Platinum Member
Re: RE: Re: SA:MP Freezes my computer

andreiwow2 said:
Gee said:
I had this with windows 10. Still fucks up sometimes when i ctrl+alt+del

Well I had this issue on win 10 so I decided to downgrade to 7 but it didn't help..
I found that it was a problem with changing resolution between applications. Haven't found a proper solution yet though.. Apart from restarting and on some occasions, waiting it out.

Yassin

Retired Admin
Have you both tried setting the game resolution to match the resolution of your desktop?

Gee

Platinum Member

Yassin said:
Have you both tried setting the game resolution to match the resolution of your desktop?
The resolution in theory is the same in my case. Desktop = 1920x1080@60hz
Gta sa = 1920x1080@60hz

Don't know much else about resolution

Christopher

Retired Admin
I think that the symptom of your computer crashing comes back down to the 'bug', if you can call it that, of when you tab out the screen goes black. I see in your first post that you have Win 7, but there is a tutorial on how to stop this for Win 10. (YT link below).

I also suggest a fresh install. It seems that maybe, POSSIBLY, since you started out with Win 10 and then went back to Win 7 the problem could be in your game files. However I don't know your pc's exact set up and if you were using the same copy of gta sa for both Win 10 and Win 7 (i've done it, it bugs a bit so a fresh install is needed). Regardless, a fresh install would be a good baseline to start at.

Also, check if your display/graphics drivers are up to date. Do this by going to the manufacturers website for your graphics device and check the latest release of software. To check your current driver version, go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager > and click the tab for display drivers, right click for properties and check the driver tab.

That's all I got for now, try these things and see if anything comes of it and be sure to reply back with your results! Good luck!

p.s. I was going to try this fix for my PC but it doesn't do said problem super often anymore so I didn't bother and don't actually know if the fix works or not, just the first result. I also think my problem went away after a driver update so I could be as simple as that.

p.s.s. if any of this was unclear just reply for further in-depth explanation. :)

Gee

Platinum Member

andreiwow2 said:
Sadly it didn't work, neither of it works.
Same here. That doesn't work for me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.