SA-MP 0.3.8, Custom Models and RCRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyB

Owner

rcrplogosmall.png

SA:MP 0.3.8, Custom Models and RC:RP

Introduction
Hey there everyone. As a lot of you may know, the upcoming SA-MP update providers server owners with the ability to push custom models to the game clients of their players. This feature alone opens up an entire realm of possibilities that have been desired by many for quite a long time. I've already thought of a few ways to take advantage of these features, the obvious ones being skin packs for official factions, adding more general purpose skins and etc. As a little teaser, here's a few skins that you could expect to be made available to the public in the near future.

QJBabBP.png
cwsv0U5.png
Concerns
Concerns were initially posted in the 0.3.8 RC topic Giga made about the SA-MP version itself. First and foremost, I'd like to inform everyone that any models added to RCRP will go through a vigorous quality test by me. This quality test will ensure any custom content added adheres to quality standards I have set in place, such as the art style of textures, how well the model is made and etc. Everything added to the server will need to in fit appropriately with the rest of GTA San Andreas, so anyone who was afraid of bad or high poly models can rest easy. I don't like garbage and won't add it to my server.
Ideas
Moving on, I'd like to collect ideas from various community members pertaining to what sort of custom content they'd like to see on the server. If you have any ideas, post them here. I'd love to see what some of you can come up with. It can be anything ranging from types of peds, adding new furniture items to replacing buildings. Post your idea here and I'll tell you how applicable it is.
Help wanted
Lastly, if you possess any skills related to creating models for this game and you're willing to contribute, shoot me a forum PM. I don't possess any modeling skills myself, nor does anyone in the staff team as far as I'm aware, so I'm reaching out to the general public of RCRP in hopes to assemble a team capable of creating unique content for the server. Also, if you're a player who has ever had a private mod made exclusively for them and want to see it on the server, you're more than welcome to reach out to me as well.

Please note that I cannot add any model I want from generic modding websites unless express permission to redistribute said files is given with the release, so if you do come to me with any models, don't try to play any games.

Thanks!

Sunca

Donator
we need more normal civillian skins as most of the “normal” skins are asian and not caucasian

Limuz

Donator
I think the server could use some more Regular Joe/Jane skins, like the civilian style ones with the policemen heads that were recently added.

Status
Not open for further replies.