What's new

Recovering my account

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickRoll

Donator
Hello there,

I am wondering if my ingame account still exists.. I had a very hard time recovering my forum account since it was in 2011 when I last played on RCRP. At the end of the day i managed to find my forum name in the archive and I was able to use my old e-mail account to create a new password.

However, now that i'm back on the forums with my old account I was wondering if I can get my IG account recovered too.. As far as i'm concerned the master account "RickRoll" doesn't exist. And i have no idea what it might be then.. I believe that the server didn't work with master accounts back in 2011 did they?

Anyways, feels good to be back and i'd like to get ingame as soon as possible. (Hopefully with my old character.)

Bust

Donator
If you haven't had a master account, go ahead and make one. If and when it gets accepted through the application process, you are able to recover IG accounts, when creating characters on the master account UCP

RickRoll

Donator
Thanks! That would deffinitely work. There is just one problem.. I don't seem to remember my characters password/username.. I'm 90% positive about my characters name.. But I might be wrong with the password.. I've tried a shitload of passwords I used over the years but none of them works. Is there a way to recover my characters password? Is it connected to my e-mail maybe?

Thanks in advance! :)

Edit: I used the search character function and it doesn't seem to know my character. Is that because my character is old or because i'm using the wrong name?

Giga

Donator
Hi there,

Welcome back to Red County Roleplay! Can you provide your character name(s) so I can check if your account is still existing in the ddatabase?

Sorry for the inconvenience and I'm hoping to hear from you soon.

RickRoll

Donator
Haha don't worry I love the service you guys are providing! The name I had in mind is Yiakato_Masaru. I found it in the members list of my (archived) faction topic. And as far as i'm concerned I left after the faction fell apart.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Giga

Donator
Hi there,

I'm going to assume you only registered a master account today. On March 13, 2013, there was an "old character wipe" where character accounts that were not linked to a master account are purged from the database.

If you can confirm that you didn't register a master account in 2011, I regret to inform you that your account(s) is/are no longer existing and you will need to create a new one. You will need to start 'fresh' because statistics cannot be refunded.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and I hope you still stick with us. If you have any questions or further concerns, please let me know.

RickRoll

Donator
That is such a bummer, I used to be quite wealthy ^^

So everythings gone? Is there a way to make sure I didn't create a master account at that time?
How about donator perks.. Can they be refunded?

Giga

Donator
Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response. Account statistics cannot be 'refunded', so I'm afraid to say - yes, everything is gone. The list of deleted accounts is no longer available so I'll need to manually check everything. Can you provide a list of your previous character names here, and also forum PM me your e-mail address.

As for your donator perks, you can try to make a support ticket and explain your situation. The manual donation threads are still archived somewhere so you don't have to worry about evidence. I cannot guarantee you'll get it back though.

RickRoll

Donator
I'll try to provide you with as much information as possible. However its been quite a while so I wont be able to remember any of my characters names. What I do remember is that I used to make shitloads of screenshots while playing GTA so I suppose I should look them up on my old PC. Hopefully it still works.. its been stashed away on the attic for the last 3-4 years. Bare with me!

I've got another question though.. Since when does the server use these master accounts? Could it been my fault that I didnt make one back when I used to play? Or was it after I left?

Hope to speak to you soon with hopefully some more info!

Edit: Found the first character name!: "Dwayne_Bojay" its a picture from 27-1-2011 so im positive about this one.

2nd Edit: Found 2 more possible character names. Im not completely sure about them just now. Going to a LAN now so I'll be back tomorrow!

Giga

Donator
Hello,

The master account system launched on November 2011. That probably explains why you are not aware of its existence (if I were to look at your last forum post (October 2011)). If you never linked your character(s) to your master account before the 13th of March 2013, your account was purged and it can no longer be retrieved.

The account "Dwayne_Bojay" doesn't exist. I guess it's not worth looking for your account anymore since it is already purged. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.