What's new

Realistic Weapon Portrayal

Slipky

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Realistic Gun Portrayal
What Is This Guide For?

It is not uncommon to see guns roleplayed wrong. I often see people roleplaying having a Russian made AK-47 with a drum magazine and an ACOG scope. While it is cool to RP this, most of the time getting those rifles will be close to impossible to the average gangster, mainly due to pricing issues. Here are some tips on how to portray gun use realistically.

Pistols

While the common pistol brands are Glock and Beretta, they are also the more expensive types of pistols. Brands such as CZ, Smith & Wesson, Taurus, or Ruger are cheaper and therefore more affordable. You can also grab a military surplus pistol – Such as the Polish Makarov P83, Star model BM or a FEG35 (A Bulgarian Browning Hi-Power rip-off). Revolvers are often a common choice for mobsters who likes their confrontation close and personals. Revolvers also save you the hassle of collecting shells, as they are never ejected out of the magazines.

Submachine Guns

Submachine guns, despite being less common, are still an important part of the arsenal. However, guns such as the MP5, Micro Tavor and other military grade SMGs are simply impossible to get. Submachine guns such as MAC-10s, Uzi's and Tec-9's are more than enough.

Shotguns

The most common shotguns are the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500. Ithaca model 37 is also a popular choice among gangsters. Old fashioned cats will probably use a sawn off shotgun.

Assault Rifles

Russian AKMs or Colt M4A1s are quite expensive on the black market. Therefore, gangsters often prefer cheaper options such as the Chinese made Norinco Type 56, the Polish PMKM or the Yugoslavian M70, all Kalashnikov variants. Bushmasters M4 and AR-15s are also great choices for an assault rifle.

Thanks for reading.

.stephen

Retired Admin
Hopefully people stop pulling out their DeSeRt EaGlE and instead RP a real/realistic model.

Dom.

Donator
good guide, don't do shit like this either

vYAgRBy.jpg

name covered to prevent embarassment

Moneko

Diamond Member
i use a sawn off shotgun cuz its easier to conceal among all the shotguns and its quite good in close range. realistically it should be handled properly and with a right pouch size u can easily carry it.

Cyclone

Faction Consultant
i want to RP a revolver if i ever go hitman, maybe that old revolver that can get a silencer on, dont remember name but i think it started with N