What's new

Question about RCRP rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grafix

Donator
├óÔé¼┬ó Crazy Phil ├óÔé¼┬ó said:
Off topic: I just saw in your signature that you're a private hitmen. Did you knew that's forbiden on this server ? There's only one official hitmen faction and all others are restricted. And being a hitmen it self without being in the hitmen faction is restricted. I would like you to know that before you get in big trouble.

Is this an official rule? if it is it should be added into the server rules section because not many people know about this. ((Personally, I think that being a private hitman isnt bad.. firstly, because the hitman faction barely ever recruits ,as far as i know.. Secondly,I heard that the /contract system was bugged a while back.. not sure if it still is though))

Fleur

Retired Admin
Kay-Kay said:
I don't see why anyone couldn't RP it.
+1
+2. Personally, I think it should be dealth with ICly.
If the official hitmen don't like "amateurs" having a dip in their line of work, they should just hunt them down personally.

Karner

Banned
Fleur said:
Kay-Kay said:
+1
If the official hitmen don't like "amateurs" having a dip in their line of work, they should just hunt them down personally.

+3 And what is this official hitman faction? o_O

2Fabulous

Retired Admin
It's quite simple.
1. Everyone will start "Roleplaying" a Hitman, therefor the official faction won't be needed.
2. It will be abused & used as excuse for DM in some cases, with unexperienced players.

Kay-Kay

Retired Admin
Fleur said:
Kay-Kay said:
+1
Excellent putted there. Indeed, the only problem that would make this happen for real, are the noobs who will eventually just DM for fun.

Romank

Donator
I think that there could be a kind of "underground" hitmen faction, that only a tight knit of close, high level players knew about. BUT they actually recruit people and make more RP than PEAC. (No /find and M4/Sniper bull****)
If the admins knew about this, than I'm sure it would be okay. People could have their own styles of executing people, and actually have to track and kill them using only their wits.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
IRL what's the difference between a normal person and a hitman?

A hitman spends years training with weapons and kills people for a job. They are silent, try to be as emotionless as possible and are trained to leave behind no evidence of them ever being there.
A normal person, who if they took up being a "hitman" would fail miserably, leave so much evidence behind that lead straight to them it would be painful andwould probably miss any shots they took.

In game though everyone has a similar weapon handling skill, a similar strength, speed, endurance etc and no evidence can physically be left behind. So whether the hitman RPs putting on gloves and crawling over 200yards to get into position for a sniper shot at approximatley 500m away aiming for a headshot on one person. Or some guy drives up in an RCRP plated car with an MP5 it makes no difference except RPly. Because in both cases neither party will be caught if they just get away fast enough, but RPly the 2nd guy SHOULD get caught because of evidence etc, the hitman though would stand a good chance of escaping.

This faction was an addition to the server, and having it so that only they can be hitmen encourages a larger amount of RP on their behalf. And people feel it's a waste of a faction if anyone can "do" what they're doing. For example if anyone could drive a taxi, what's the point in Cabbie co?

I think that the faction should stay as a private hitman faction BUT as well as this people should be able to get "licenses" OOC'ly from admins. These people have to prove they have a large amount of RP ability to the admins through a number of things, and have to prove they are capable of handling a weapon, BUT also prove OOCly that ICly they have practised/have carried out illegal activities.

Each month I say a maximum of 3 people can be given these licenses, or 5 per 2months instead. It isn't released who has one, but the admins know, and anyone can apply for one.

The first stage of the application process is a simple written application. Proving that theoretically you know you stuff, you know OOC, IC, some server rules, you can write/speak english etc.
The next stage you will be told that you have to record a video of you IG RPing that you are going to "hit" someone. You have to show the RP from the beginning, assuming you already have the "call/contract" you have to go about the whole thing RPly, but in your own style. Eg:

1) You could go stalk the person and wait till they pull up somewhere such as a petrol station, hop out your car and into the back of their behind the drivers seat, RPly pull out a knife, tell them to drive away and then get them out and shoot them in the head with a pistol, you then drive their car into the ocean and RPly pick up the body and dispose of it in the ocean, or RPly put the body in the trunk of the car then push it in.
Then you could show afterwards you going via back alleys to a house or trailer, RPly breaking in, taking a shower washing off hanging clothes, burning your old ones etc.

2) You could assume that once a ((pay))day they will go to the townhall and collect their paycheck, from their you watch them go in, come out, jump in their car, which you follow from a distance, you then see them go down the ramp towards the fishing spot. You wait neear the top and watch if they go out on the boar or not, say they do you then drive all the way around on the proper roads up to to be near the "other" beach, but on top of the mountain, tkaing out a country rifle, saying in the video description that you are RPing it as a sniper rifle. Look fr the boat, look for what the guy was wearing, bang. Throw the country rifle into the boot of the car, drive off, take the spent brass with you and dump it some where, etc etc.

For this stage it should be made clear that you shouldn't actually kill any of the people. Take it up to a stage, then let them go. Otherwise people will just use it as an excuse to DM "I'm takin my RP test 2 b a hitzman lololol". So yeah no killing here. It IS still RP though, so if cops turn up, bam you in jail.

Now the admins in charge review all these videos (If you don't want to do a video you can request an admin specs you, but they have the right to refuse if they're busy/don't want to get bored) or testimonials from admins who have specced candidates. Now it is wittled down to the bottom few good applicants. This is one of the few tests in RC RP where you are not aiming to beat a certain mark, but instead to beat all the other people competeing against you as they set the mark. Eg in the current system say 100 people apply to a position and you need a pass mark of 80% and 25 people get 81% and 5 people get 100% then 30 people, eg the 25 and the 5 will be accepted. In this system you only accept the best of the best, if you have 5 places maximum then you don't accept the 30 who got 81% you accept the 5 that got 100%, if a 6th got 95% then it doesnt matter, they didn't get 100! You're all in competition against each other for one of these set places.

After it is narrowed down to ONLY those deemed good enough to have a chance they are set another task, such as filiming them doing RP training, and then doing an actual murder RPly.
If the admins don't get a single person they deem suitable through the 2nd stage then no-one has to be in teh 3rd stage, you can call it quits there and then!!! They need to be something special to pass this test.
At the end of another reviewing session decisions are made. If 10 people made it to round 3 (Where you are allowed to kill between 1 and 4 people RPly, still ICly illegal ;) , without DM accusations ) and you have 5 places, but only 1 person really fits the bill then just accept the one person, if none make it accept none!

If you pass then IG in your stats or invisibly to you and others around you (Except admins), something will be added telling them that you are OOCly allowed to have a sniper, and to RPly take on contract killings privatley. When someone contacts you to do one it is recommended they contact an admin, the admin specs the situation and if they deem it to be RP and the person does ICly want "the services" then the admin will run a check on the person trying to accept the offer, if they pass the test then the admin pms the "customer" and tells them it's RPly fine. Names of those who have passed shouldn't be randomly thrown out though by admins, only if RPly necessary!

Having the license means that the owner can OOCly own a sniper rifle, still not ICly allowed though. And the license would mean they can ICly accept hitman jobs privatley. Equally this person could never perform one. They could be a police officer, who does this privatley on the side occassionally for friends, or may want to RPly kill a criminal with a sniper from a long range RPly, but then can't bring himself to do it. Or the head of the police/FBI who want's to sideline for more money. Or a normal everyday citizen!

Even if the person never plans to RPly "use" this license they can still apply to get it. BUT during the process they WILL commit crimes, including at least one murder, so it's their risk.

Yeah sorry for the long idea, I kinda went off on a tangent!!!

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
Roman_Keskov said:
I think that there could be a kind of "underground" hitmen faction, that only a tight knit of close, high level players knew about. BUT they actually recruit people and make more RP than PEAC. (No /find and M4/Sniper bull****)
If the admins knew about this, than I'm sure it would be okay. People could have their own styles of executing people, and actually have to track and kill them using only their wits.

Sorry for the double post but only saw this after I posted my post ;) /find etc is BS in my opinion, wit means everything. If you know NOTHING about a person except their name you should have to go around asking questions, finding out what he/she looks like, who they work for, where they hang out etc. Not just go "okay" /find Mark_Fleur "okay got him!" that's a bit BS. My idea incorporates that "private hitmen" only get the benefit of being able to purchase a sniper rifle (Probably off an admin "OOCly") and to do private contracts- no extra commands etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.