What's new

Question about non-RP driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frisker

Donator
Yep. Try doing it in GTA IV, or even better, Live For Speed and actual wheel and pedals on it, try to reverse then. It ain't too easy. In GTA SA it's easy as hell..

Duck

Donator
Frisker said:
Yep. Try doing it in GTA IV, or even better, Live For Speed and actual wheel and pedals on it, try to reverse then. It ain't too easy. In GTA SA it's easy as hell..

But I tried it with my own car IRL, how realistic can it be? D:

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
Yeah gonna be honest I've done this IRL with a car reversing high speed- well I say high speed, it was a decent 20-25mph in reverse over about 100metres- wasn't hard at all, it's perfectly possible to do it. I will note though that I did this in a car park, but I did stay in a straight line if it had ben a road I would have stayed in my god damn lane! And I live in the UK where the lanes are narrower than those in the USA, so it's perfectly easily possible to do. Oh and please DON'T say ANY games are like driving in real life, because none of them are or even close. GTA SA you stop FAR too quickly and speed up too fast and it's hard to loose traction, then GTA 4 they counter balanced it because IRL you would have close accurate control of the vehicle at 20mph, you try that on GTA 4 and you'll nearly bloody flip trying to go arund a roundabout at 20mph, which while not recommended IRL is perfectly possible, I've seen tight dog leg turns taken at 50mph with one wheel "cocked" about 2inches in the air.... on GTA 4 you try that you'd flip and fly out the god damn car!

Xtreme

Donator
Mark_Fleur said:
Yeah gonna be honest I've done this IRL with a car reversing high speed- well I say high speed, it was a decent 20-25mph in reverse over about 100metres- wasn't hard at all, it's perfectly possible to do it. I will note though that I did this in a car park, but I did stay in a straight line if it had ben a road I would have stayed in my god damn lane! And I live in the UK where the lanes are narrower than those in the USA, so it's perfectly easily possible to do. Oh and please DON'T say ANY games are like driving in real life, because none of them are or even close. GTA SA you stop FAR too quickly and speed up too fast and it's hard to loose traction, then GTA 4 they counter balanced it because IRL you would have close accurate control of the vehicle at 20mph, you try that on GTA 4 and you'll nearly bloody flip trying to go arund a roundabout at 20mph, which while not recommended IRL is perfectly possible, I've seen tight dog leg turns taken at 50mph with one wheel "cocked" about 2inches in the air.... on GTA 4 you try that you'd flip and fly out the god damn car!

Well, you didn't turn. But I bet Duck turned.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
So you're basing everything on circumstantial evidence, seeing as RPly she was trying to break the land speed record for going in reverse I doubt cornering would make her go that fast. So your only issue now is that she may have turned... So you're fine as long as she didn't turn?

Xtreme

Donator
Mark_Fleur said:
So you're basing everything on circumstantial evidence, seeing as RPly she was trying to break the land speed record for going in reverse I doubt cornering would make her go that fast. So your only issue now is that she may have turned... So you're fine as long as she didn't turn?
Duck said:
All through SA, I even got pulled over by Jed and RPed it all nicely.

Nope, I think she wanted to break the "How far and how much can you go, reversing" record

grester

Donator
Btw (since we are in question about non rp driving) i heard that drifting isn't none RP. Now i'm confused between 2 things:
Yes its non-rp in 1994, or, It's not about non-rp driving but rather a dangerous driving manouver and police can pull you over for doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.