What's new

Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliot

Donator
I run windows 8.1, and I have tried it, the files are the same file as before when I used my old computer, eg the mods, no new ones added

DrTrollinski

Donator
Elliot said:
I run windows 8.1, and I have tried it, the files are the same file as before when I used my old computer, eg the mods, no new ones added

This is me really downgrading the advice, but are you running SAMP as an Administrator? I find that mine crashes unless I do that.

Brent

Donator
DrTrollinski said:
Elliot said:

This is me really downgrading the advice, but are you running SAMP as an Administrator? I find that mine crashes unless I do that.
He's done that looking at the topic in technical support.

Jamie™

Banned
Elliot said:

Delete the files anyway. Cause if you have an edited SAMP.img, SAMP automatically looks to it's SAMP.img in that hidden folder and not the one in your hard drive. So delete anything there and try it, because I had Karners flat cap mod on 0.3z, had to remove the folders in the appdata folder and re-install the mod because SAMP.img has been updated with the fruits etc.

Karner

Banned
I'm on 8.1 and I still get hard freezes sometimes. If you're dual monitor just open task manager and hold the window key and tap the arrow key that points towards the other monitor and end the process.

I still have no idea what caused the crash but I've fixed it somehow, I'll look around when I get to my pc and give you a response. Until then try running it with compatiblity mode for windows 8 as SAMP with 8.1 is buggy as shit.

Elliot

Donator
Ive deleted files, Change compat mode from Win 98/me to win 8/7/xp ect and the game just crashes, Put it back to win 98/me and the computer crashes but it loads fine, Ughhhhh

ziplo

Donator
Try to change the folder name of your GTA from " GTA San Andreas" to something else like "GTA San Andreas2" and then open SAMP and it'll ask you to locate the gta_sa.exe, just select the folder name you changed to and see if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.