What's new

PC freezes after ALT TAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

xGesuz

Donator
Joined
May 6, 2017
Messages
86
I searched all over the internet and the forums, but I couldn't find anything regarding to my issue. Since earlier today I've been having a problem. When I ALT-TAB, my PC literally freezes and I cannot do anything, I have to hold the power button to restart it. I tried ALT-ENTER, but I am not able to turn my game back to full screen mode. Yes, I tried that fix about renaming my .exe file but still doesn't work. I am using windows 10. Now I have to remember to not press the ALT-TAB button and it's annoying.. If someone knows a fix, I would really appreciate it.
 

xGesuz

Donator
Joined
May 6, 2017
Messages
86
And by the way I tried to turn off all my mods, the fx quality to low and the frame limiter to on. And it's working fine. I don't understand why do I have to turn these settings off just to ALT-TAB. I got this issue today, in the past I could ALT-TAB without making any settings, I had no issues. I really don't know what happened.
 

Witting

Donator
Joined
Aug 12, 2014
Messages
2,686
xGesuz said:
And by the way I tried to turn off all my mods, the fx quality to low and the frame limiter to on. And it's working fine. I don't understand why do I have to turn these settings off just to ALT-TAB. I got this issue today, in the past I could ALT-TAB without making any settings, I had no issues. I really don't know what happened.

I had the same issue dude. It fixed when I updated Windows.
 

xGesuz

Donator
Joined
May 6, 2017
Messages
86
Witting said:
xGesuz said:
And by the way I tried to turn off all my mods, the fx quality to low and the frame limiter to on. And it's working fine. I don't understand why do I have to turn these settings off just to ALT-TAB. I got this issue today, in the past I could ALT-TAB without making any settings, I had no issues. I really don't know what happened.

I had the same issue dude. It fixed when I updated Windows.
It says that my PC is up to date, did you update your windows today?
 

Witting

Donator
Joined
Aug 12, 2014
Messages
2,686
xGesuz said:
Witting said:
xGesuz said:
And by the way I tried to turn off all my mods, the fx quality to low and the frame limiter to on. And it's working fine. I don't understand why do I have to turn these settings off just to ALT-TAB. I got this issue today, in the past I could ALT-TAB without making any settings, I had no issues. I really don't know what happened.

I had the same issue dude. It fixed when I updated Windows.
It says that my PC is up to date, did you update your windows today?

Nah it was maybe a week ago. I believe a few members of the community are having this problem. Try reinstalling your SAMP, then your GTA if that doesn't work. I'm not 100% sure it'll work but it's an idea, try deleting your gta.set too.

You could also try turning down your resolution but turn the other settings up. Also make sure you don't have audio.asi in your SAMP folder, that could be contributing to the errors.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top