What's new

[Needs Admin] Roleplay around PC bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hartigan

Donator
This has been dicussed multiple times in DOOC and PM's tho I feel it has never gotten a straight answer.

Due to a bug in the PC bridge's collision file, it has a chance to flip your car into the air, in an attempt to fix it a speed bump was mapped to warn players to slow down.

The question being do you have to role play when the bridge flips your vehicle unrealistically due to the bug or can you just continue? Some people don't role play it and drive off, whilst others role play it and think they shouldn't be having to.

I think this subject requires an admin to settle once and for all, should we be role playing the flips caused originally by a bug in the GTA SA game world, or should we be disregarding them like plenty of players do already? I'm honestly stumped on what to do in these situations.

Giga

Donator
You are correct that this has been discussed a lot of times, but the final answer is also given at the end.

The speed bump is there IC'ly, therefore you do have to slow down when you approach the bridge. If your vehicle flips after driving through the bump in a rapid speed, that's practically the player's fault because they didn't slow down. Yes, there is a bug in the game's collision file, that's why the speed bump is placed. It shouldn't be entirely blamed if your vehicle flips or something.

Alternatively you can download the bridge fix and extract it in your GTA3.IMG, but the speed bump will always be there.

Giga

Donator
You do, unless an administrator tell you not to. It's their discretion.

Yassin

Retired Admin
Meyrick said:
I'm confused, even if the speed bump wasn't there we'd still flip?

Yes, because it's a game-wide bug that came with the game itself. I've had several assistances regarding this matter and my answer is always the same. If you drive up to it slowly as you would to a speed-bump irl, then it wouldn't damage your car unless it's modded but even then, you wouldn't flip. If you manage to flip your car, you were driving at an unrealistic speed or at a super high speed which entitles all sides to roleplay it no matter what.

Yes, you have to roleplay the MVA/crash/flip at the bridge. The speed bump stops from you flipping your car to the right/left when driving over it but it doesn't stop the flip when you drive at fast speeds.

Robert

Retired Admin
Unknown said:
Meyrick said:

Yes, because it's a game-wide bug that came with the game itself. I've had several assistances regarding this matter and my answer is always the same. If you drive up to it slowly as you would to a speed-bump irl, then it wouldn't damage your car unless it's modded but even then, you wouldn't flip. If you manage to flip your car, you were driving at an unrealistic speed or at a super high speed which entitles all sides to roleplay it no matter what.

Yes, you have to roleplay the MVA/crash/flip at the bridge. The speed bump stops from you flipping your car to the right/left when driving over it but it doesn't stop the flip when you drive at fast speeds.

Weird.. When I drove an infernus, cruiser, or even an Elegy at full speeds, I didn't flip. It seems that moderate speeds (50-70) only cause the flip.

Yassin

Retired Admin
Robert. said:
Unknown said:
Meyrick said:

Weird.. When I drove an infernus, cruiser, or even an Elegy at full speeds, I didn't flip. It seems that moderate speeds (50-70) only cause the flip.

Try it on single-player and you'll notice the difference :)

Status
Not open for further replies.