What's new

[Needs Admin] Roleplay around PC bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karner

Banned
I would generally say no, you don't have to. I wouldn't force anyone to RP it but that doesn't mean that you can abuse that, wreak havoc and not RP it.

Galt

Donator
Wouldn't it be ridiculous to RP a game bug? Under this logic, do we have to roleplay bugged items as "magically disappearing", or in-game crashes as "magical disappearances"? Even if we do have the speed bump, it is the BUG itself causing the issue.

Jamie™

Banned
Galt said:
Wouldn't it be ridiculous to RP a game bug? Under this logic, do we have to roleplay bugged items as "magically disappearing", or in-game crashes as "magical disappearances"? Even if we do have the speed bump, it is the BUG itself causing the issue.

No, because there speed bump is there ICly? Even if the bug was OOC there's been an IC item put there in place. Go 70+ MPH over a speed bump irl, good luck with that.

Owen

Donator
Jamie™ said:
Galt said:

No, because there speed bump is there ICly? Even if the bug was OOC there's been an IC item put there in place. Go 70+ MPH over a speed bump irl, good luck with that.
From what I believe the speed bump isn't actually there anymore. This is why people are asking if they should RP it or not. I do recall there being a fix for this? from what I remember Tom released a mod that stopped you from flying when hitting the speed bump.

Damian

Donator
People won't drive above 70MPH over a speed bump in real life. The underbody of the vehicle will be slightly damaged and the shock absorbers would too.

It's the players fault if he or she flips from the speed bump. Just use common sense and drive normal like any others.

Charles

Retired Admin
I've consulted a member of Management about this and it has been decided that if you are to go so stupidly fast over a speed bump and wreck your vehicle, either by it flipping or by your crashing into a wall then it must be roleplayed. The reason behind this is because realistically, even if you were to attempt to drive over the bump at moderate speeds, your vehicle would stand a high change of becoming damaged. If you do not RP the consequences caused by the speed bump. Then you will receive administrative punishment. If you don't want to flip, then SLOW DOWN.

Exceptions to this can be made for very low vehicle such as the Flash that become damaged even when you go over the bump at speeds as low as 5-10 MPH. If this happens to you, then screenshot the incident and report it to a Lead Administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.