What's new

My Question's.

Frost

Donator
Question 1 - are police aloud to keep giving you 60minutes jail time for unpaid fine's?
Question 2 - are police aloud to electronicly send you fine's which force you to /acceptfine?
Question 3 - do police abuse there power, because i think so.
Question 4 - Why do cop's stop you when your doing the current speed limit, and MG because you hotwired the car.

Thank's in Advance,

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
1) Yes, that is the official jail time for unpaid fines.
2) You should have to be within a certain distance of a police officer for them to send you a fine, also they can "stack up" so if you relog in 2 weeks time they will still be there till you pay them. If they've caught you they can fine you basically, but can't force you to pay the fines, except through IC means such as the jail sentences.
3) That's an IC issue right there. Many people believe the cops abuse their power, but if you think about it it's the same in real life, everyone blames the cops for things and says "I'll get you fired for that!" and they never get fired- why? Because the people always either fail in court or realize before they go to court that their complaint is actually invalid. If you have issues with the police treat them ICly unless it's an OOC problem.
4) Plates of the cars people drive are checked by the police sometimes, and they RPly know that it's much easier to break into and hotwire a car such as a clover or tampa than it is a higher end model. Therefore random stops and searches do happen. I know that sometimes it may be slightly MG'ed ((Oh look a level 1 driving a car- 50% chance it's hotwired)), but there's very little we can do about that apart from discourage that behaviour!

GMG123

Donator
Mark_Fleur said:
4) Plates of the cars people drive are checked by the police sometimes, and they RPly know that it's much easier to break into and hotwire a car such as a clover or tampa than it is a higher end model. Therefore random stops and searches do happen. I know that sometimes it may be slightly MG'ed ((Oh look a level 1 driving a car- 50% chance it's hotwired)), but there's very little we can do about that apart from discourage that behaviour!

I completely agree with most of that but one thing which I have thought of recently is that, most of the cars people hot-wire have only just been stolen, around 1-30 minutes ago. This is too little time for it to of already gone through the process of being added to a wanted list of number plates for the police, if they have been stolen for a few hours then it is definitely possible, but if someone hot-wires the car for a single journey which most of us do, then a cop 'would not' be able to see it on their list for stolen vehicles surely?

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
Well I don't know how such a system would be scripted, and it's far too complicated to add on such a thing. So you can RP it as a frail old lady who can no longer drive or leave her house but is always looking out of the window at her once precious car!

faraz_whc

Donator
Well, the cops pull over the people if they break any traffic law. And when they do, the first thing they do is check the license plate, search for it's owner's name via our MDC(Mobile Database Computer), and then cross check it with the driver's license. It happens in every case, whether it be a hotwired car or a normal one. So, in the case of people who are driving a stolen car, they get caught by the cross checking system as their name doesn't match with the one from the license plate database.

This is actually a very professional system, but I know newbies are affected by it most as they don't have enough money to buy their own car and probably no other means of travel than to drive a hotwired car. BUT, there is a very easy solution for this problem. If the drivers of a stolen car drive properly following every traffic law, they won't get pulled over in the first place. Thus, they can escape the system.

We donot go out pulling over newbies so that we can get an arrest. We only pull over those, who break the traffic laws, and it is a fact that the one's with the stolen car, drive like they are the king of the road(mostly newbies). Thus they get pulled over and get jailed and fine for GTA.

So, drive properly and there won't be any trouble

Trapp

Donator
I dislike the fact that they frisk you in every single case. Even if I'm a normal civilian and they pull me over for speeding - frisking me isn't realistic.

faraz_whc

Donator
Ronnius said:
I dislike the fact that they frisk you in every single case. Even if I'm a normal civilian and they pull me over for speeding - frisking me isn't realistic.

You only get frisked if you have a hefty criminal record.

Morgan

Donator
I once got pulled over for a ridiculous reason.

I came from my house at the Richman and drove to Montgomery, when I passed the sign I drove 30 mph, suddenly a cop turns her siren on and tries to pull me over.
I saw the siren, stopped at the FIRST light pole because it was red, when it got green I pulled over to the side. I asked if there was any. problems.
She just said ''yes'', then I asked for the reason that she pulled me over and she answered: I pulled you over to the side for running a red light ( :ong: I ran a red light that isnt there? Wow! ) and because one of the lights on my car didnt worked. She cant pull me over for that IRL and you dont get people out of the car, cuff them and frisk them because they ran a red light. Great example of ''RP TO WIN''. I dont hope that ''girl'' is still a cop. ''Brightlitefilms''

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
In real life you will get pulled over if you have a broken light. The cops can pull you over an impound your car and fine you for driving a mechanically unfit vehicle, as not having a light on potentially could mean someone doesn't see you and you could crash into them and kill them.
Likewise perhaps you ran a red light prior to that point. It's like with admins, we don't ajail someone the second they do something wrong all the time. Sometimes we wait and see what else they do, if they do nothing else wrong for a few minutes we ajail them for the original crime, if they do we add it on.

Also you've got to consider this is all IC and cops might have IC grudges against you and make up reasons to fine, frisk, cuff and arrest you. For example if you were cuffed and the cop did /give ID cocaine 5 Then that's an IC issue that they planted evidence on you. If you came on here and started bitching about it OOCly... so what?! It makes no difference.

Anyway, questions answered?

GMG123

Donator
Mark_Fleur said:
In real life you will get pulled over if you have a broken light. The cops can pull you over an impound your car and fine you for driving a mechanically unfit vehicle, as not having a light on potentially could mean someone doesn't see you and you could crash into them and kill them.
Likewise perhaps you ran a red light prior to that point. It's like with admins, we don't ajail someone the second they do something wrong all the time. Sometimes we wait and see what else they do, if they do nothing else wrong for a few minutes we ajail them for the original crime, if they do we add it on.

Also you've got to consider this is all IC and cops might have IC grudges against you and make up reasons to fine, frisk, cuff and arrest you. For example if you were cuffed and the cop did /give ID cocaine 5 Then that's an IC issue that they planted evidence on you. If you came on here and started bitching about it OOCly... so what?! It makes no difference.

Anyway, questions answered?

That is true indeed, they can impound your vehicle for having a faulty or broken light. Also yeah, we have managed to bring back the courts and here is a perfect situation where the courts could be consulted, people are not used to complaining about (in their opinion) unjust fines and charges etc, but now they can ^^