What's new

MTA vs SAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnMcDonough

So I've heard a lot things about MTA that they have lots of features. Question who is better SAMP or MTA?
SAMP has more players.

Robert

Retired Admin
SAMP is easier to understand and get into while MTA is more advanced in the way it’s done, scripts and all.

JohnMcDonough

Robert said:
SAMP is easier to understand and get into while MTA is more advanced in the way it’s done, scripts and all.
Is MTA better than SAMP when it is more Advanced ?

Giga

Donator
As a player coming from both multiplayer modifications, I would say that Multi Theft Auto is indeed more advanced. The possibilities of implementing features into a game server is almost limitless. San Andreas Multiplayer was designed to be a simple multiplayer modification for GTA:SA. MTA:SA was able to reach its current level because the modification is updated regularly (at least one update every three months), while SA-MP is updated only once or twice a year.

Giga

Donator
Alko said:
I never used MTA, but I heard SAMP's better for a roleplay.
Roleplay servers would work with a simple gamemode, which is why people still prefer SA-MP roleplay. MTA Roleplay did not really come in until 2009 when MTA Valhalla Roleplay was launched.

At this time, there are still not a lot of roleplay servers on MTA:SA, and oG:RP continues to dominate the MTA:SA roleplay scene. While MTA:SA roleplay has its potential, they came in too late.

SledneckNewfie

Retired Admin
JohnMcDonough said:
Like when MTA is better with more scripts etc. Why wouldn't RCRP change to MTA ?
It has taken years to get RCRP where it is scriptwise. Switching to MTA, would need a complete re-write of the script, and those who script it would have to learn the new language. We wouldn't be able to just use a conversion tool to translate the script, because there'd be hundreds of errors and bugs caused by it due to how large of a script we have. Even then, the server and community would never be the same, too much would change. It'd take months to properly switch to MTA, at least.

Many features MTA has, such as the ability to add custom models, eventually make its way into SAMP. Like they are for 0.3.8. SAMP is a bit behind when it comes to improving things, but overall it's the more convenient platform in my opinion.

Reactions: dex
Status
Not open for further replies.