What's new

MTA vs SAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder

Donator
SledneckNewfie said:
JohnMcDonough said:
Like when MTA is better with more scripts etc. Why wouldn't RCRP change to MTA ?
It has taken years to get RCRP where it is scriptwise. Switching to MTA, would need a complete re-write of the script, and those who script it would have to learn the new language. We wouldn't be able to just use a conversion tool to translate the script, because there'd be hundreds of errors and bugs caused by it due to how large of a script we have. Even then, the server and community would never be the same, too much would change. It'd take months to properly switch to MTA, at least.

Many features MTA has, such as the ability to add custom models, eventually make its way into SAMP. Like they are for 0.3.8. SAMP is a bit behind when it comes to improving things, but overall it's the more convenient platform in my opinion.

To be honest, the language difference between Lua and Pawn is not so huge, it has small tweaks. But yeah, overall I'd agree with what you said there. SAMP is more convenient when it comes to Role-Play.

On the other hand, you'd have other game-modes that are more convenient on MTA. For example, Race DM or Demolition Derby.

ThePro

Bronze Member
We already have desync all the time here on SAMP, but MTA is a lot more laggy than SAMP because of all the textures and objects added. And it is true that SAMP is better for roleplay. Do not even try using AutoHotkey on MTA, it does not work. SAMP - Better for Roleplay. MTA - Better look because of all custom textures and more options.

Giga

Donator
ThePro said:
We already have desync all the time here on SAMP, but MTA is a lot more laggy than SAMP because of all the textures and objects added. And it is true that SAMP is better for roleplay. Do not even try using AutoHotkey on MTA, it does not work. SAMP - Better for Roleplay. MTA - Better look because of all custom textures and more options.
Some of your statements are false. You have less chances of experiencing connection stuttering on MTA:SA as compared to SA-MP.

The thing is, MTA:SA downloads resources from the server, which can be a hassle if you do not want the server to take space on your storage drive, but its advantage is that your client will no longer have to constantly download server-enabled script files. While on SA-MP, your client will just stop downloading script resources once it loses synchronization with the server (desync).

Sure, MTA:SA can have frame stuttering, but that is the fault of the server for activating such resources that can take up memory, mainly textures. Some script developers overestimate the custom textures system to make their server look visually appealing. This is a downside for those who do not have low-end PCs though.

MTA:SA has a built-in keybind system which allows anyone to map and trigger any client or server function, rendering AutoHotkey useless.

David York

Giga said:
ThePro said:
Some of your statements are false. You have less chances of experiencing connection stuttering on MTA:SA as compared to SA-MP.

The thing is, MTA:SA downloads resources from the server, which can be a hassle if you do not want the server to take space on your storage drive, but its advantage is that your client will no longer have to constantly download server-enabled script files. While on SA-MP, your client will just stop downloading script resources once it loses synchronization with the server (desync).

Sure, MTA:SA can have frame stuttering, but that is the fault of the server for activating such resources that can take up memory, mainly textures. Some script developers overestimate the custom textures system to make their server look visually appealing. This is a downside for those who do not have low-end PCs though.

MTA:SA has a built-in keybind system which allows anyone to map and trigger any client or server function, rendering AutoHotkey useless.

I don't know why, but MTA runs WAY smoother than SA:MP for me, both performance and internet-wise.

It's a shame that there's not any serious RP servers on MTA, It's got a lot of unused potential. So many scripts, scripting ease and opportunities. You can have customs HUDs, custom everything. The sky is the limit in MTA, imo.
I played on this pretty dead, but good RP server there. It was called Owl-Gaming i think. Man, the scripts were dope as hell. There was a language system too which was kinda weird, but made sense once you started using it a bit.

I think people will start using MTA in the future for RP servers. It'll greatly enhance their quality.

MrLatwian

David York said:
Giga said:
ThePro said:

I don't know why, but MTA runs WAY smoother than SA:MP for me, both performance and internet-wise.

It's a shame that there's not any serious RP servers on MTA, It's got a lot of unused potential. So many scripts, scripting ease and opportunities. You can have customs HUDs, custom everything. The sky is the limit in MTA, imo.
I played on this pretty dead, but good RP server there. It was called Owl-Gaming i think. Man, the scripts were dope as hell. There was a language system too which was kinda weird, but made sense once you started using it a bit.

I think people will start using MTA in the future for RP servers. It'll greatly enhance their quality.
People are switching to GTA V RP, this may be the end of SA roleplayers, the only left will be with shitty pc's.

ThePro

Bronze Member
MrLatwian said:
David York said:
Giga said:
ThePro said:

People are switching to GTA V RP, this may be the end of SA roleplayers, the only left will be with shitty pc's.

That's true, I wanted to change to it too, I just have shitty PC.

MrLatwian

ThePro said:
MrLatwian said:
David York said:
Giga said:
ThePro said:

That's true, I wanted to change to it too, I just have shitty PC.
I get like 30fps on 1366x768 on med. settings and I get like 30-40fps.
I tried the V RP and it was sooo bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.