What's new

Massive lagspikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

blendamed

Hey, so this problem has been driving me crazy recently. It's happening randomly, one day everything runs smooth the other day game freezes every now and then. Especially when I'm driving a vehicle, the game freezes for like 15 seconds or so, sometimes a couple or more times in a row.
I never experienced this problem in single player nor is my ping anywhere near high (usually around 60-80[top]). I don't know if I should start researching the problem or is it just server-side stuff and the only thing I can do is to wait for someone to fix the issue ;x

Any ideas? It's quite a pain in the arse.

EDIT:
Also it is frequent that whenever I unfreeze while riding a vehicle someone would appear just right in front of me which of course leads to a crash. I'm wasting quite a lot of cash on mechanic because of that ;<

Desiner

Silver Member
Hello there mate.

The server experienced a couple of large lag-spikes today, I've no idea what caused that but I've been told so. I'm not 100 percent sure if this is true, but I've experienced some lag-spikes aswell so you are nto the only one.

blendamed

The thing is that this is not only todays issue. It happened before as well.

Also I'd like to note that it's not the hardware stuff. My laptop has no problem whatsoever with games like Crysis 2, Mirror's Edge or BF3 so theres no reason it should have problems running San Andreas.

Or is that because I'm using steam version of San Andreas? :x

Desiner

Silver Member
May I know where you live? That might be the problem of the lag aswell since the server is hosted in the Netherlands, also do you have mods installed?

blendamed

Central europe. No mods.
Also as I said I highly doubt it's caused by location since my ping is nowhere near high. I somehow suspect it's because I used this trick http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1336083 to run SA:MP through steam version of San Andreas, although I'm not sure, obviously I'm not IT kind of person :x Is anyone running SAMP on steam and experiencing the problem?

fr0st

SysAdmin
System Administrator
This doesn't really belong here, but I'll address your issue regardless.

1) Have you updated your video card drivers?
- If you have no idea if you have / how to do it then provide to me your computer brand/model (or laptop brand/model) and your graphics card vendor/model. (You can find your graphics card details by using GPU-Z

2) Is your computer overheated?
- Check the temperature of your PC while playing. Perhaps your computer is overheating causing performance issues. Use SpeedFan to check the temperature of your CPU/GPU
(Side note: Don't mess with any of the other features of SpeedFan or you risk your computer being entirely screwed.)

3) Is there anything else running while playing?
- Check your open programs while playing & CPU usage/RAM usage via Task manager and see if there's anything else consuming resources.

4) Check your ingame settings
- Try different draw distance settings, perhaps disable AntiAliasing, try different resolutions and see if it has any effect at all.

blendamed

1) Yup. All is up to date.

2) I think this actually may be the reason. I have no idea why but my Samsung really likes to heat up, sometimes it really is hot almost like it's breathing fire out of the vents.

3) Nope. I close everything unnecessary when I play games.

4) I played with that but to no avail. It's not causing any change whatsoever.

But you actually made me think about this temperature thingy. I measured my PC with SpeedFan before and when it was the hottest it measured 70 degrees Celcius or so.
I tried to increase the speed of fans in my laptop to improve the ventillation but frankly it's impossible. I'll invest into cooling pad or let my laptop cool down when it'll happen again and we'll see if it'll fix that.

Owen

Donator
blendamed said:
Central europe. No mods.
Also as I said I highly doubt it's caused by location since my ping is nowhere near high. I somehow suspect it's because I used this trick http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1336083 to run SA:MP through steam version of San Andreas, although I'm not sure, obviously I'm not IT kind of person :x Is anyone running SAMP on steam and experiencing the problem?
I'm running SAMP on steam and I'm not having any problems with running it, have you tried running SAMP without that steam trick?

blendamed

Owen said:
have you tried running SAMP without that steam trick?
Nope. I don't think it will even work this way but I'm far more concerned right now that these lagspikes are caused by my laptop overheating. So far very plausible, but still not confirmed. WIP.

Hitman47

Donator
Buy a new graphic card mate. The same thing was happening to me and after a month or two, my graphic card died.

Status
Not open for further replies.