Massive lagspikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr0st

SysAdmin
System Administrator
blendamed said:
Owen said:
have you tried running SAMP without that steam trick?
Nope. I don't think it will even work this way but I'm far more concerned right now that these lagspikes are caused by my laptop overheating. So far very plausible, but still not confirmed. WIP.

Seems alot like your graphics card is adjusting the gpu clock speed to compensate for the overheating and as a result your FPS drops. (lower clock = less performance but lower heat output)

Buy yourself a laptop cooling pad and make sure your laptop gets proper ventilation. (especially the bottom, that is where the air is pulled in through.)

Owen

Donator
fr0st said:
blendamed said:
Owen said:
have you tried running SAMP without that steam trick?
Nope. I don't think it will even work this way but I'm far more concerned right now that these lagspikes are caused by my laptop overheating. So far very plausible, but still not confirmed. WIP.

Seems alot like your graphics card is adjusting the gpu clock speed to compensate for the overheating and as a result your FPS drops. (lower clock = less performance but lower heat output)

Buy yourself a laptop cooling pad and make sure your laptop gets proper ventilation. (especially the bottom, that is where the air is pulled in through.)
I think that this Is probably the best piece of advice you're going to get. Go out and get yourself a cooling pad and your laptop should improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.