What's new

[Management] Question about rule 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent

Donator
In game objects may not be sold for Real life cash.

Does this rule only count for selling in game stuff for real life cash, or also selling IG stuff for other (virtual) goods, such as CS:GO skins. Interested to know for clarity.

Castorr

Donator
Re: Question about rule 20

Delerious said:
PuDzeh said:
Very grey area in my opinion.

We'll probably need managment here to clear it up a little bit.

I'm pretty sure certain individuals of this server have sold assets for irl money anyway, I don't see the issue these days.
I mean, even though Komar was perm-banned.

Corne

Donator
Re: Question about rule 20

Tiger said:
This rule's a joke :lol:
Just remove it and let people do whatever they want, it doesn't fuck up roleplay or the economy because the money doesn't come out of thin air
Exactly how I think about it. I dont feel like this rule being removed would hurt the server at all seeing as free money is no longer a part of the donation benefits and it does not cause new money to be brought into the economy. In fact it might even bring more money out of the economy because of inactive people selling their money to active people. Sure, it might result in a few more millionairs but it will also result in more money flowing out of the economy instead of being left on inactive accounts with no way of removing it from the economy and I can think of a list of other positive things that could happen with the rule being removed. Negative things? A few more millionairs, thats it. I think this rule was only made in order so that people would donate to the server in order to get money in the old days (if the rule didnt exist back then correct me pretty sure it did though) and it should be removed now seeing as the free money benefit is gone.

Peat

Donator
Re: [Needs TommyB and/or Management] Question about rule 20

I don't think the rule is in place to stop economies being fucked up and what not...

I personally think the rule is more here so that people don't get scammed on RCRP, Tommy is simply protecting us guys from giving away our real life money for absolutely nothing in return, or giving away our RCRP money and receiving no payment in return.

Let's be fair they'll be some sad fucker in the community that will try and take advantage of people and try to get money off someone., be it in game or in real life.

I don't believe this rule should be removed as it's protecting our pockets from being rinsed by inconsiderate cunts which I can confirm exist on RCRP, besides now and again Tommy does the thing where you can buy 100,000 per £1 donation, you get your money and it goes to the server which is even better than giving it away to some random person on RCRP.

PuDzeh

Donator
Re: [Needs TommyB and/or Management] Question about rule 20

I think if you do want to sell an amount of money, management and Tommy should be informed and asked for approval. Both parties should inform Tommy of their intentions and selling should be done at both parties risk.

Corne

Donator
Well, there's still no clear answer on whether it is allowed or not, and possibly if the rule still has enough reason to keep existing seeing as there's no 'donate for money'-thing anymore (except once in a year). I'd really like to know the answer of this now that slightly more than a month has passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.