What's new

Low FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CertifiedNooB

Donator
I just came back to SAMP and seems like my game FPS drops dramatically when I look towards Las Venturas (North).
Game is modded and when I look East , South or West it works smoothly, then when I look North my FPS drops to 9 and it lags verybad.
God a video if needed...
I tried disabling all my mods and it still happens, My PC is very strong and runs most games on Ultra with no problems.
•Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
•Intel i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20 GHz
•8 GB Ram
•47% CPU usage during game time while it lags.

Matty

Donator
I've seen bad optimization but if my (enhanced) toaster can run GTA SA at your framerate tenfold, that's a problem.

It's DEFINETLY a mod, uninstall/disable your mods/enb's one by one.
Could also be your PC being in power save or whatever.

Best would be to simply reinstall your game, and dedicate a small hour to reinstall your mods.
It's what I did when my game started being a meme.

frostyworks

Donator
Matty said:
I've seen bad optimization but if my (enhanced) toaster can run GTA SA at your framerate tenfold, that's a problem.

Best would be to simply reinstall your game, and dedicate a small hour to reinstall your mods.

Hey
I kinda have the same issue, low fps in big areas with some players and objects.
I am using the clean GTA for SA-MP, 900 MB.
RAM is 4GB
It's AMD A6-7310 APU == Radeon R4 Graphics

What should I do?

Matty

Donator
Revaz said:
Matty said:

Hey
I kinda have the same issue, low fps in big areas with some players and objects.
RAM is 4GB

What should I do?

I said enhanced toaster, not a rusty toaster, I've got an AMD A10 8750 3.6 GhZ, dedicated GT 730 and 12 gigs ram and I get 30-40 FPS in Montgomery, 80-90 elsewhere and I rarely drop below 90 on other servers.
Your computer is fine for running San Andreas by itself, but RC-RP has loads of objects which highly increase CPU load, your rig isn't quite powerful so there's not alot you can do about low FPS in towns like Montgomery. Just deal with it, is all I can say.
A tip would be to not use mods, just use the vanilla game, not even CLEO if you can, it'll maximize your FPS; also set your /svo as low as possible. That's the most FPS you'll get out of your rig.
And if you haven't already, try going back to Windows 7. Windows 10 seems alot more demanding on computers nowadays and Windows 7 will increase your FPS greatly.

CertifiedNooB

Donator
Well f**k me... I wanted to install another copy of the game , a clean one, and it seemed to uninstall my first one...
Now Im stuck without my mods :(

StabbedMyToe

Hey
RAM is 4GB

What should I do?

I have a similar laptop with 3.46 (4) GB of ram, along with an AMD APU and I tell you that it's utter shit although my specifications are seemingly a little beefed compared to yours. Running modloader completely fucks with things and causes lag issues and a good amount of CPU usage, despite running few modifications that themselves aren't too demanding. Things such as CLEO also seem to possibly run down FPS with this. If you have any suggestions at all for optimizing well with mods, please share them. I can get decent FPS on other servers (e.g: movieserver reloaded) however coming to RCRP gets me horrible results.

nC1fPDu.png

Thever

Donator
TechSkull said:
Well f**k me... I wanted to install another copy of the game , a clean one, and it seemed to uninstall my first one...
Now Im stuck without my mods :(
Has it fixed the FPS lag?

StabbedMyToe said:
I have a similar laptop with 3.46 (4) GB of ram, along with an AMD APU and I tell you that it's utter shit although my specifications are seemingly a little beefed compared to yours. Running modloader completely fucks with things and causes lag issues and a good amount of CPU usage, despite running few modifications that themselves aren't too demanding. Things such as CLEO also seem to possibly run down FPS with this. If you have any suggestions at all for optimizing well with mods, please share them. I can get decent FPS on other servers (e.g: movieserver reloaded) however coming to RCRP gets me horrible results.

nC1fPDu.png
As said before, the reason that RC-RP might give you a lower FPS than other servers is because of the many added objects on the server. Installing mods on a already not too strong system will increase lag even further. So I'd suggest to try using /svo in-game to lower the amount of objects streamed to you, and furthermore uninstall the mods that cause your game to lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.