What's new

July Newsletter

Davis

Administrator
a6zJRzp.png

Introduction​

Welcome to Red County Roleplay's newsletter of July, better known as the beginning of the summer or the school holidays for our European players! The last couple of weeks has been a beginning, a beginning to a new era or better yet, a new RC:RP. The playerbase has been hitting an all time high of 100 and maxing out for a few days, there's some improvement in development and that's moving slowly but surely and then there's the recent topic that Doddsy made that's getting your opinion. Anyway, I won't say too much here but keep reading for a more detailed run down of this month!​

The recent crashing​

I very vaguely addressed this issue in the previous newsletter however there has been a little bit of progress into the investigation of the bug and we're one step closing to locating the issue and applying a fix. TommyB and Karner worked together a few days ago to complete the investigation and they're nearly certain that they've found the issue, a fix has been applied and in the next update we shall see if it fixes the issue. We have now removed /logout completely which is what we believe is causing the crashing. If not, we shall continue to investigate the issue and I am sincerely apologetic to you, who have experienced the worst of the crashing by losing items or it hindering your roleplay but rest assured, we're working on it.​

Development​

As most of you know, Booth has again, decided to depart from both the development team and the server. I fully respect Booth's decision and I thank him for all of the hard work and effort he put in during his time as a developer. At the current moment in time we are currently without a developer however TommyB with the assistance of a few individuals is working on a bug fix, I cannot say any more about this now other than that it's happening, but keep your eyes pealed for more information soon.​

The Playerbase​

It was only a few months ago where I was addressing the playerbase issue, but since then it has made a drastic improvement, we're hitting our maximum capacity of 100 players (which will soon be increased, if you are wondering) and we're constantly getting new applications every day too! We do, however still have a few tricks up our sleeves, including a promotional video and a SA:MP forum advertisement! But I won't say too much about that now as a more detailed post will be released when it's kicked into play.​

New Additions​

Recently, there's been a few changes to the staff team, with the new additions to the administrative team and some new helpers hired. Congratulations and welcome aboard to:

Administrators
england.gif
Trial Administrator Connor Smith [Daniel Charles]
us.gif
Trial Administrator Terry Blackwood [cradboard]
scotland.gif
Trial Administrator Lucy Summers [Bobalob]

And welcome back to:
england.gif
Trial Administrator Michael Sutton [Michael]
us.gif
Trial Administrator Drake Damon [Prince]

Helpers
nl.gif
Samantha Young [LemonPower]
england.gif
Nicholas Peircen [Smally]
england.gif
Andrew Weaver [Weaver]
be.gif
Jimmy Parker [Thomasz]
england.gif
Marquis Taylor [Kikboxr]
us.gif
Tony Rigazzi [Mr. Kro]
england.gif
Nathan Ryker [Digital]

I know that you'll all do the staff team proud, so good luck and work hard!​

Having your say​

This is something that I for one know the community love and want, an opinion. Doddsy has recently posted a new topic in order for you to directly voice your opinion on the servers status and to give your input on future improvements. I cannot stress this enough but we as the administration team would LOVE to hear your opinions and if you get them across on that topic, they will be taken into account and discussed thoroughly. I know that a few administrators are addressing your posts as they appear but I personally will pick out all of the feasible ideas and post them in the administrative board as a thinking point, so if you want your voice heard then get it heard on that topic.​

Conclusion​

In conclusion, I would like to thank the community, the administration team and the development team for the countless amount of hours that they have spent assisting in the improvement of the community. I'd like to thank the players especially for standing by Red County Roleplay no matter how hard times have been for us recently, you stood by us and continued to roleplay and saw us through our hard times. We went through a tough couple of months but you pulled together, stronger than ever before and now we're back on the road, the road to improvement. July has been the start of a new era, a new RC:RP.​

Davis

Administrator
Nick said:
I'm not sure Booth 'decided' to leave... But w/e, otherwise gg wp.

:luvrcrp:
He had told TommyB that he's quitting before the incident that you're referring to, so yes he did leave.

Nesset

Donator
Looks good BigD! Keep up the solid work administration team/helper team/dev team/tester team! You guys are doing a Phenomenal job!

Krokz

Bronze Member
Nesset said:
Looks good BigD! Keep up the solid work administration team/helper team/dev team/tester team! You guys are doing a Phenomenal job!