What's new

Help with describing this accent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Retired Admin
Right, so my character is British and when she moved here, she had a British accent, but as she's lived in America for quite a while and she's been hanging around with so many Americans, she's starting to get a bit of an American accent. But the thing is, I have no idea how to sort of 'word it' as an /accent.
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post it, but can anyone help me a bit please? Thanks :D

Braindawg

Donator
It doesnt really matter. It can be either, But from the sound of things it's mostly a British accent, sinse she mixed it slightly with the American one.

I'd say /accent British

Grafix

Donator
/accent Mixed .. then you could do something like
"/do I sound like a British person who has lived in America for a long time"

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
Depends where in America she has been for "quite a while" picking the accent up from.

Neku

Donator
A lot of people put American as their accent, although there is no really 'American' accent, you're suppose to put accents such as Southern, Western, Midwestern, etc. Meh, just a pointer to people who use that accent because it's really just, retarded imo.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
Neku said:
A lot of people put American as their accent, although there is no really 'American' accent, you're suppose to put accents such as Southern, Western, Midwestern, etc. Meh, just a pointer to people who use that accent because it's really just, retarded imo.

I use American as my accent ;)
In fairness I only use it because I can't decide where my guy is from IC'ly and as his background travelled over the world with his family in the US army till he was 16 :p

Neku

Donator
Mark_Fleur said:
Neku said:

I use American as my accent ;)
In fairness I only use it because I can't decide where my guy is from IC'ly and as his background travelled over the world with his family in the US army till he was 16 :p
xD, just my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.