What's new

[HELP] ENB Crashing SAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

OutWorld

Donator
Hello everyone.

I tried to install ENB on my gta today.
The first time it crashed, I googled some stuff and they told me to rename my GTA_SA file to gta_sa.exe and so did I.
I started the single player and it was working, however if I connected to a SAMP server I'd crash before the loading screen.
I googled again and they told me to download a specific ENB prepared for SAMP. I did that and every time I tried to connect... I crashed.

Eventually and as expected I managed to fuck up all my GTA folder. I re-installed GTA SA and SAMP and now it's pretty much vanilla.
So.. What do I need to have ENB working with my SAMP ?

Thanks in advance.

Giga

Donator
If I were to review some client crash reports related to ENB, the most common cause is that their ENB settings may not compatible with SA-MP 0.3.7, as they report that their preferred ENB settings still work on SA-MP 0.3z.

Unless someone already found a workaround to this, the most thing you can do is wait for a stable ENB. Or it could be your computer not being compatible with ENB.

OutWorld

Donator
I think my PC is compatible with ENB. I mean.. it works on the single player and I have ENB n skyrim + 3928928 mods and they work just fine. Dunno.

I see people posting some RCRP videos while using ENB. halp ?

Yassin

Retired Admin
Hello there OutWorld,

1) May you please let us know what ENB you are using? Aka what type or creator etc..

2) Is it possible if you can test out Dizz Nicca's: viewtopic.php?f=303&t=92132

and or​

3) You can also try out the one Liam_Airey uses. viewtopic.php?f=303&t=109982

Try those two ENB's out, the reason I'm doing this to test if it's a specific ENB (which it is) and to see if there are other solutions till the ENB creator makes a compatible version for 0.3.7 as Giga stated above.

Looking forward to your results.

Best Regards,

Aaron.

OutWorld

Donator
The first 1st ENB that worked with SP was the original ENB series from this site.
The second one was: this one.

To prevent having to re-install the GTA SA again, I copied the SA folder and I renamed it. Added the 1st files from the 1st download option and I couldn't connect to the server. (On the logging screen I didn't see any effects. Seemed vanilla to me).
2nd download, same results.

Yassin

Retired Admin
OutWorld said:
The first 1st ENB that worked with SP was the original ENB series from this site.
The second one was: this one.

To prevent having to re-install the GTA SA again, I copied the SA folder and I renamed it. Added the 1st files from the 1st download option and I couldn't connect to the server. (On the logging screen I didn't see any effects. Seemed vanilla to me).
2nd download, same results.

I'm looking into a solution. I'll edit this post when one has been found.

Peat

Donator
Found two fixes here are the two I managed to find that may possibly help.

1st Fix (THE ONE YOU NEED)
Download this script.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i8oov ... ashfix.zip
Ensure you run it as an administrator
This will open single player, you'll need to then exit out and then join SAMP, you'll be required to do this every time.

2nd Fix
If you have flicker.asi installed, get rid of it.
If crashes persist, log out and rename your gta sa root file.

EDIT: After some research, the first fix is the one you need.
The script basically wipes all the registry entries which prevent your GTA from starting correctly with the ENBSeries.
Windows will change these all the time anyway so this script is totally harmless, they will just get regenerated and the script will just wipe them every time to allow your game to run.

Peat

Donator
I spoke with Pacheco in TS3 fix one didn't work which according to the author of the ENB was the one required, even read the readme's and confirmed myself that it was the same.

No solution found yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.