What's new

[GUIDE] Passive Roleplay

Beth

Donator

Roleplay Styles

In terms of roleplay, there are three main roleplay types; light, medium and heavy. RCRP functions at a heavy roleplay level, which is generally considered to be detailed, as well as externalities such as strictly enforced rules. The roleplay level of a server doesn't affect the style of roleplay that you decide to adapt to. Below, you'll find the most common roleplay types.

Movie-Style Roleplay
I personally refer to this roleplay as simplistic and as though you were acting within a movie. This style involves very short /me's that briefly describe an action that can be visualised, but goes into no detail about any actions that a character may carry out. We see this style of roleplay deployed within other heavy roleplay servers, such as LS-RP which causes some people to not consider LS-RP a heavy roleplay server, however it's seldom used within RC-RP due to the level of detail that this server adheres to. If you use this style of roleplay, you're probably into movies, TV shows and visual representations of what you're trying to roleplay rather than detail. This style of roleplay is used by Khaleesi within his character stories and general roleplay.
7w2ib6i.png

Literature-Style Roleplay
I personally refer to this roleplay as detailed and as though you were acting within a book. It involves long /me's, or roleplay that goes in-depth about certain actions in order to give all parties the sense of reading and immersing within a book. This roleplay is much more catered to RC-RP, and those who use this style of roleplay are more than likely into reading texts. If you roleplay like this and you're not interested in books, you should try getting into reading! I personally use this style of roleplay, as well as most other community members such as Beth, Fritz and even TommyB.
PFdh7Xf.jpg

MSR vs. LSR
  • Harriet Starborn drinks her coffee.
  • Harriet Starborn raises her cup of coffee to her lips. She takes a sip from it before lowering it back down.

• Harriet Starborn holsters her shooter.
  • Harriet Starborn slips the barrel of her Glock 17 into her holster, securing it via a strap.

• Harriet Starborn gives him a pat down.
  • Harriet Starborn begins running her hands down the male's loose clothing. She continues down his arms, then his torso and legs, giving him a brief frisk around the crotch before straightening herself again.

• Harriet Starborn grabs his gun.
  • Harriet Starborn quickly grapples onto the firearm stock and snatches it from his grip, pulling it away from him.

• Harriet Starborn checks their pulse.
  • Harriet Starborn applies her index and middle finger onto their carotid artery, applying light pressure as she counts their pulse for roughly 60 seconds.

LeGGGeNNdA

Diamond Member
Stop classifying it as "Literature Style Roleplay" and "Movie Style Roleplay". It's Roleplay and Roleplay but one has the same actions explained longer in a sentence. Thank you.

Gary

Donator
Stop classifying it as "Literature Style Roleplay" and "Movie Style Roleplay". It's Roleplay and Roleplay but one has the same actions explained longer in a sentence. Thank you.
this is a guide not a rule mate also roleplay is lowercase thank you