What's new

[GUIDE] Passive Roleplay

Gary

Donator
As a side note, MSR and LSR is something I created to help me differentiate between the two general styles of roleplay within the server, though you might have a different way of categorising your roleplay or other people's roleplay.

Zoltan

Donator
Gaayyyy as hell.

But for real some decent shit my dude, here take a like.

hallucination

Faction Consultant
The main purpose of writing a short /me (at least for me) is to be unique with the way you're going. A short /me's main goal is about being unique with the words you put in use, in order to describe an action without being as much detailed for a simple action.

It's not about being lazy, or anything else. Obviously, this way can't be considered the best one if you're going to write down /me's such as "/me cooks." — there are certain occasions where you'd have to go for a much longer /me in order to properly describe an action.

There are also a few more things that you can do in a relationship, such as cheating for example, where you can express fake love against somebody for a simple benefit, whether it's clout, money, et cetera - and instead of him share some time with someone else, that's just one of the countless things that you can kill some time in roleplaying. Over all this isn't a bad guide for the new players, but which at the same time is something that you obviously aren't going to learn in just a few hours.

Gary

Donator
Sefer123 said:
The main purpose of writing a short /me (at least for me) is to be unique with the way you're going. A short /me's main goal is about being unique with the words you put in use, in order to describe an action without being as much detailed for a simple action.

It's not about being lazy, or anything else. Obviously, this way can't be considered the best one if you're going to write down /me's such as "/me cooks." — there are certain occasions where you'd have to go for a much longer /me in order to properly describe an action.

There are also a few more things that you can do in a relationship, such as cheating for example, where you can express fake love against somebody for a simple benefit, whether it's clout, money, et cetera - and instead of him share some time with someone else, that's just one of the countless things that you can kill some time in roleplaying. Over all this isn't a bad guide for the new players, but which at the same time is something that you obviously aren't going to learn in just a few hours.
I did mention that the examples given were simply examples and that the list could extend on forever, but I'm not going to write down every single thing that you're able to roleplay. I'm glad you're able to identify your style of roleplay though.

dex

Donator
Sefer123 said:
It's not about being lazy, or anything else.
It's a case by case basis really, I do what Gary's described as MSR when I'm too tired to roleplay properly, but I keep it strictly to /ame because in my own opinion short roleplay belongs in /ame.

hallucination

Faction Consultant
dexev said:
Sefer123 said:
It's not about being lazy, or anything else.
It's a case by case basis really, I do what Gary's described as MSR when I'm too tired to roleplay properly, but I keep it strictly to /ame because in my own opinion short roleplay belongs in /ame.
Preference. Also, there's not a big difference between /me and /ame — they're both a way to describe your actions. Somebody might miss your /ame, and where the chance for them to miss a /me is way more lower for an obvious reason, but as I said, preference has to do here.

paxie

Legendary Member
actions that change the outcome of roleplay should never be done in /ame

also MSR >>>
its not about bein lazy at all

Gary

Donator
Paxie said:
actions that change the outcome of roleplay should never be done in /ame

also MSR >>>
its not about bein lazy at all
I didn't say it was about being lazy anywhere, I just said it was a different style of roleplay. I also agree that actions that change the outcome of roleplay shouldn't be done in /ame, but most of the time there's no outcome in passive roleplay, which is what this guide is about.

Khaleesi

Donator
detail is mostly unnecessary esp in actions that simply don't require it but that's just my taste

btw next time i see some LSR guy do -.. im taking it as morse code ic