What's new

[GUIDE] How to add snow to your SAMP + FX's. [2017/2018]

Cheesy

Gold Member
Re: [GUIDE] How to add snow to your SAMP + FX's. [2016/2017]

IWankCats said:
Zmajo said:
IWankCats said:
I'm shit with this stuff. Where exactly do I download the snow.fx thing to? I've done the .rar and what-not.

Edit: So I took a risk and threw them all into one folder in the modloader. I definitely made a mistake.
No need to have it in modloader, extract SnowFX.rar that you downloaded where ever you want (example Desktop) and just run SnowFX setup, pick your GTA SA directory, install it and you are done!

So it comes up as a .rar fle, but not a zip file if that makes sense. I err, basically when I press it, it asks what I should open it with, and when I right-click on it, it doesn't have the option to extract it.

TY for helping btw

The windows explorer can't extract rar archives, you'd need to install a third part program. As I'd imagine this would just make it even more complicated, I went ahead and repacked the files in a zip archive instead. Just download it and you should be able to right click extract:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hy1yach45qimp ... FXv101.zip

Once you've extracted it you'll see a folder containing three files. Double click the executable and follow the instructions.

IWankCats

Silver Member

Cheesy said:
IWankCats said:
Zmajo said:
IWankCats said:
I'm shit with this stuff. Where exactly do I download the snow.fx thing to? I've done the .rar and what-not.

Edit: So I took a risk and threw them all into one folder in the modloader. I definitely made a mistake.
No need to have it in modloader, extract SnowFX.rar that you downloaded where ever you want (example Desktop) and just run SnowFX setup, pick your GTA SA directory, install it and you are done!

So it comes up as a .rar fle, but not a zip file if that makes sense. I err, basically when I press it, it asks what I should open it with, and when I right-click on it, it doesn't have the option to extract it.

TY for helping btw

The windows explorer can't extract rar archives, you'd need to install a third part program. As I'd imagine this would just make it even more complicated, I went ahead and repacked the files in a zip archive instead. Just download it and you should be able to right click extract:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hy1yach45qimp ... FXv101.zip

Once you've extracted it you'll see a folder containing three files. Double click the executable and follow the instructions.

Yeah, I downloade WinRAR and did what I was sued to. All fixed now. Thanks anyways! <3

Zmajo

Donator

XuniL said:
Idk why isn't work... I have laptop with numpad keyboard, i installed replaceable file, i activated and deactivated numlock, but isn't work at all. Why?
Why did you install replaceable file if you have laptop with numpad? Do you see SnowFX logo when your SAMP starts?

XuniL

Zmajo said:
XuniL said:
Idk why isn't work... I have laptop with numpad keyboard, i installed replaceable file, i activated and deactivated numlock, but isn't work at all. Why?
Why did you install replaceable file if you have laptop with numpad? Do you see SnowFX logo when your SAMP starts?
Because it doesn't work without it also.. No, i don't see snowfx logo when my samp starts.

Zmajo

Donator

XuniL said:
Zmajo said:
XuniL said:
Because it doesn't work without it also.. No, i don't see snowfx logo when my samp starts.
Check solution 1 on this thread. Also, did you install it to GTA SA directory or into some random folder?

Vikkeh

Dope, thank you :D

OutWorld

Donator

I've been contacted several times by people who are having issues with snowfx and 99% of the time its because they decided to ignore an instruction. So make sure you check all the spoilers and follow the instructions before requesting assistance! :luvrcrp:

Matty

Donator

after i installed the gta_sa.exe US 1.0 edition it dropped my fps to about 15 instead of 60