What's new

[GUIDE] Grammar

Dembe

BurnToast said:
Even though this guide has been released, people who've read this guide will still make mistakes. Due to the fact, that the lack of English used in their life will have a decrease in grammatical skills.

You just ruined our ''wow'' meme..

How do you feel

Novi

Retired Admin
Dembe said:
BurnToast said:
Even though this guide has been released, people who've read this guide will still make mistakes. Due to the fact, that the lack of English used in their life will have a decrease in grammatical skills.

You just ruined our ''wow'' meme..

How do you feel

Yeah! How do you feel?

CHOO CHOO QUOTE TRAIN CHOO CHOO

Kemp

Retired Admin
To me, this was quite a condescending read. Please understand that for many, English isn't their first language and thus errors are inevitable. However, I understand that your intention may be to support players and improve their written English. Therefore, I trust that you'll respect my aim to improve yours - taking substance from just one of your responses to this topic.

CourageousFish said:
I still have faith in people. Worth a post because someone, somewhere is going to indicate this useful and apply it to their Roleplay. The amount of "-.." I've seen in game is alarming.
CORRECTED said:
I still have faith in people. It is worth a post because someone, somewhere is going to perceive this as useful and apply it to their roleplay. The amount of "-.." I've seen in-game is alarming.

There. We're all helping each other. :thumbup:

Lee

Platinum Member
Kemp said:
To me, this was quite a condescending read. Please understand that for many, English isn't their first language and thus errors are inevitable. However, I understand that your intention may be to support players and improve their written English. Therefore, I trust that you'll respect my aim to improve yours - taking substance from just one of your responses to this topic.

CourageousFish said:
I still have faith in people. Worth a post because someone, somewhere is going to indicate this useful and apply it to their Roleplay. The amount of "-.." I've seen in game is alarming.
CORRECTED said:
I still have faith in people. It is worth a post because someone, somewhere is going to perceive this as this useful and apply it to their roleplay. The amount of "-.." I've seen in-game is alarming.

this guy is very smart

Abrasive

Bronze Member
Kemp said:

Errors are meant to be corrected hence why I re-posted this guide. I don't see why you found this condescending at all. Considering the fact that a lot of the bans I've personally seen are directed towards quality of roleplay I find it cynical that you would be disapproving of this, especially considering at one point you were a lead admin. To me, you're being counter-productive and petty but I see what you were trying to say.

Kemp

Retired Admin
CourageousFish said:
Kemp said:

Errors are meant to be corrected hence why I re-posted this guide. I don't see why you found this condescending at all. Considering the fact that a lot of the bans I've personally seen are directed towards quality of roleplay I find it cynical that you would be disapproving of this, especially considering at one point you were a lead admin. To me, you're being counter-productive and petty but I see what you were trying to say.
If that was genuniely your intention then fair enough. I just posted what it seemed like you were doing, no harm intended. :thumbup: