Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight.

Donator
codac3 said:
K.Wilson said:
Foster said:
K.Wilson said:
[along with the fact you can have them kicked for AFK'ing during the prison sentence.

For fuck sake. That is outrageous.
As a prisoner you're their to serve your sentence while roleplaying what is the whole purpose of the prison if you're going to go AFK?

Its not like people choose to go to a place where there is hardly anybody playing, and when they do they either say shut up and walk away or beat you half to death and walk away (Happened with me.) It isn't fun roleplay, they literally do whatever they want no matter how corrupt of illegal it would be. In real life I doubt people are left half dead and unconcious in a cell, the roleplay they bring to the server is boring. If the RP quality was better and their activity was better, maybe people wouldn't want to go AFK in prison. They are forced to be either waiting alone in a cell for hours at a time, or the roleplay you do get from them is shit. Honestly, the faction isn't doing the best right now, and it'd be better if you didn't spend most of your time sitting there not being able to do a single thing, as that's all I have gotten from my experiences in DoC. Sorry, but its shit currently, and either needs to be revamped or removed.
Actually we've made some changes in our protocols.

Inmates are free to roam around the cellblock, gym and yard 24/7. Unless you misbehave of course, in which you will be placed back in your cell or isolation.
So you are not "trapped" in your cell most of the time anymore.

Activity has been raised aswell, currently just a few members below SP. Obviously depends on which timezone and day it is. But there are factions that has just the same amount of members.

But this topic is not really to argue about it. There's the feedback forms for that. Which I'll be happy to get information from to improve more.

Rich

Donator
Smart move Knight, it should make prison RP a lot more enjoyable. I'm interested in seeing what else you've got in store.

Codac

Donator
If the DoC has changed, maybe I'll actually enjoy it next time I end up in DoC it'll be fun. Last time I was in DoC, it was boring and I CKed my character because of it. (I had to sit there for 24 hours, with almost no RP. So I killed myself and CKed, not much time IRL but because this is just a game, it isn't fun.)

Joe

Retired Admin
DoC isn't that bad. People just complain about it because they don't like the fact they've been arrested. Sure there isn't much RP going on in DoC at the minute but that's mainly activity and major bugs. I think people know now that if they do major crimes they'll be sent to DoC which actually does stop people doing crimes. And I agree with people getting kicked if they're AFK in prison. Otherwise there is no real punishment, they can just get arrested go AFK and do something else for a couple of hours.

Nino

Helper
Shakerz said:
DoC isn't that bad. People just complain about it because they don't like the fact they've been arrested. Sure there isn't much RP going on in DoC at the minute but that's mainly activity and major bugs. I think people know now that if they do major crimes they'll be sent to DoC which actually does stop people doing crimes. And I agree with people getting kicked if they're AFK in prison. Otherwise there is no real punishment, they can just get arrested go AFK and do something else for a couple of hours.

Grphixs

Donator
codac3 said:
If the DoC has changed, maybe I'll actually enjoy it next time I end up in DoC it'll be fun. Last time I was in DoC, it was boring and I CKed my character because of it. (I had to sit there for 24 hours, with almost no RP. So I killed myself and CKed, not much time IRL but because this is just a game, it isn't fun.)

24 hours? I like the DoC, but 24 hours is just too much in my opinion.
Yes, we know we commited a crime, and should be punished for that.
But I think it should be 3-5 hours maximum for a major crime.

Knight.

Donator
Grphixs said:
codac3 said:

The sentence goes by the Penal Code..... It's not 24 hours.

Rich

Donator
Knight. said:
Grphixs said:
codac3 said:

Unless you decide to commit a terrorist act and commit a triple homicide after kidnapping a SASP member and horribly mutilating his body.

ForgedHawk

Rich said:
Knight. said:
Grphixs said:
codac3 said:

Unless you decide to commit a terrorist act and commit a triple homicide after kidnapping a SASP member and horribly mutilating his body.

I don't think that person would be in DoC if that happen. Most likely a place like Guantanamo Bay :detective:

Status
Not open for further replies.