What's new

Game issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copeland

Donator
Quoting TommyB from SAMP forums! @TommyB
"There's a few methods you can use to force a higher refresh rate on your game.

1: If you have an nvidia gpu, you can force the refresh rate for gta_sa.exe through the nvidia control panel. I don't remember the specifics so you'd have figure that part out on your own.
2: Some versions of ENB series allow you to force your refresh rate by editing an option in the enbseries.ini file. I have a version with everything disabled except for the refresh rate adjustment - https://tommyb.ovh/files/144_enb.zip
If you want to change the refresh rate value (120hz, 240hz, etc) look for DisplayRefreshRateHz in enbseries.ini and change it to your desired value.
3: noname's SA-MP addon mod adds support for variable refresh rates to the game, but it's pretty bloated with a lot of other fixes and adjustments you may or may not want, so be wary when using it."

Most people say that it works with ENB so give it a shot. Credits goes to TommyB.

Also try this: Go to your NVIDIA Control Panel and if you check the last line at the bottom of the list, you'll see an option (with your monitor's name) to override the set refresh rate set from within a game. Now, the standard setting is that it's controlled by the application, change it to "Highest Available".

Victorian

Helper
Quoting TommyB from SAMP forums! @TommyB
"There's a few methods you can use to force a higher refresh rate on your game.

1: If you have an nvidia gpu, you can force the refresh rate for gta_sa.exe through the nvidia control panel. I don't remember the specifics so you'd have figure that part out on your own.
2: Some versions of ENB series allow you to force your refresh rate by editing an option in the enbseries.ini file. I have a version with everything disabled except for the refresh rate adjustment - https://tommyb.ovh/files/144_enb.zip
If you want to change the refresh rate value (120hz, 240hz, etc) look for DisplayRefreshRateHz in enbseries.ini and change it to your desired value.
3: noname's SA-MP addon mod adds support for variable refresh rates to the game, but it's pretty bloated with a lot of other fixes and adjustments you may or may not want, so be wary when using it."

Most people say that it works with ENB so give it a shot. Credits goes to TommyB.

Also try this: Go to your NVIDIA Control Panel and if you check the last line at the bottom of the list, you'll see an option (with your monitor's name) to override the set refresh rate set from within a game. Now, the standard setting is that it's controlled by the application, change it to "Highest Available".

Thank you for replying on my topic. I really appreciate that you tried to help me out. I am not exactly sure if the first suggestion works because SAMP is a very old game and that specific thing works usually on new games. As for the second suggestion, the link you provided me doesn’t work. Maybe you can talk for me and get a new link with the file or ask personally for it if you can. But uh... this SAMP Addon tool. I want to know... is it useful and actually /good/? Because I keep hearing left and right that some people say it’s good while others completely disagree with it.

Viper

Retired Admin
x2et7ba.png

This topic has been archived due to one of the reasons below:

• The topic is outdated.
  • The topic is deemed as inappropriate.
  • Forum rules were broken.
  • The topic is no longer needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.