What's new

Game issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victorian

Helper
I'm pretty sure that this is because of the game itself since it's very old. I play on a powerful RTX GPU and the last generation of i7 CPU and I have a 144hz monitor. The issue is that by default, SAMP runs on 60hz which really feels like I have 30-40 fps when I got 100 everytime. It's not a PC issue and I'm looking for fixes that can make me run the game in 144hz or at least make it smoother somehow. I heard of SAMP Addon but many people told me it's sketchy.

Cheesy

Gold Member
Samp is capped internally to 100 iirc, you can up the limit from 60 to 100 with /fpslimit in-game.

Victorian

Helper
I am not talking about FPS dude. I just said that I get 100 fps all the time, its just the 60hz issue when I got a 144hz monitor.

Cheesy

Gold Member
Ah. Does it revert the entire screen's refresh rate? If you tab out and check your display settings, does it revert it to 60Hz?

Limitless

Retired Admin
Have you tried running the monitor on 60 Hz? It's probably easier than finding mods which make the game itself run on 144 Hz.

Reactions: BQU

Victorian

Helper
Ah. Does it revert the entire screen's refresh rate? If you tab out and check your display settings, does it revert it to 60Hz?

I am not sure but that might work only when you do it. So basically you gotta do it everytime you go in game which is annoying.

Have you tried running the monitor on 60 Hz? It's probably easier than finding mods which make the game itself run on 144 Hz.

Thanks for the suggestion but no point of lowering to 60 Hz when I got a 144 Hz monitor lol.

Cheesy

Gold Member
I am not sure but that might work only when you do it. So basically you gotta do it everytime you go in game which is annoying.
Did it run properly at all? The physics engine tends to get really fucky at higher fps making the game unplayable. If it's simply a matter of automating the process of switching refresh rate that's something a small script could do in the background.

Otherwise you might just have to live with turning the refresh rate down when you play like Limitless said, you can except screen tearing an other issues when running at half the refresh rate.

.stephen

Retired Admin
After a quick google search, I've got this:
"You'll have to remain playing on windowed mode if you want to play on 144hz. If you go back to full screen mode, you won't be playing on 144hz as the game will set your monitor frequency to 60hz."
Now after searching a bit more I've found this, a borderless windowed mode 'fix' which should make it look a bit better - click.
Worth noting that I didn't test this out myself, this isbjust something that I have found on that other RP server forum and reddit.

Victorian

Helper
Kinda annoying but at least some good suggestions. I am still looking for other answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.