What's new

Constitution bridge, destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earl

Head of Maps
Management
Joined
Jan 31, 2011
Messages
10,798
Lol nah, I don't like competing with others while mapping, I'll leave it to Cook. :p

And a note to Cook - whatever you do, DON'T use the main bridge trusses or whatever you call these long steel things that hold the bridge up, they're bugged and they look normally even while underwater, making them look like they're over it while they're not, causing a major brain rape.
 

Casablancas

Retired Admin
Joined
Jan 6, 2010
Messages
11,769
Location
West Flanders
Earl_Williams said:
Lol nah, I don't like competing with others while mapping, I'll leave it to Cook. :p

And a note to Cook - whatever you do, DON'T use the main bridge trusses or whatever you call these long steel things that hold the bridge up, they're bugged and they look normally even while underwater, making them look like they're over it while they're not, causing a major brain rape.
Well I had finished the map and Alec had a look on the test server.
Basically even when he removed the existing bridge, you could still see it from a distance.
Which obviously looks retarded in combination with the collapsed things I added. xD
So sadly it's not going on.

And yeah Earl, I added two of those steel constructions, but made them hang onto a crooked pillar of the bridge,
so they still were above the surface. :D
 

Earl

Head of Maps
Management
Joined
Jan 31, 2011
Messages
10,798
Awwh, so there will be no mappings? Sadface. D:
Just RP fixing the bridge then or something, having it just blocked off with buses is meh.
 

Robin

Retired Admin
Joined
Sep 11, 2010
Messages
8,319
Location
The Netherlands
Cook said:
Earl_Williams said:
Lol nah, I don't like competing with others while mapping, I'll leave it to Cook. :p

And a note to Cook - whatever you do, DON'T use the main bridge trusses or whatever you call these long steel things that hold the bridge up, they're bugged and they look normally even while underwater, making them look like they're over it while they're not, causing a major brain rape.
Well I had finished the map and Alec had a look on the test server.
Basically even when he removed the existing bridge, you could still see it from a distance.
Which obviously looks retarded in combination with the collapsed things I added. xD
So sadly it's not going on.

And yeah Earl, I added two of those steel constructions, but made them hang onto a crooked pillar of the bridge,
so they still were above the surface. :D
Just let people know it's bugged from a distance or something? I mean..I don't care, as soon as you get closer you'll see it removed and some epic mapping in place, right? :p
I honestly wouldn't care you see it from a distance, as soon as you know it's kinda bugged there's atleast some epic stuff going on when you get closer.

Feel me? ;D
 

Sobo

Donator
Joined
May 26, 2011
Messages
1,317
Location
Nova Scotia, Canada
Jason_Jeffery said:
Karner said:
Earl_Williams said:
Cook said:
Zomane said:
Earl_Williams said:
Azzeto said:
I agree, hopefully the bridge is just completly removed, A lot of objects make me lag, and FD Already blows my computer.
Well then you shouldn't want it removed, as if the bridge object will indeed be gone, about 100 other mapped objects will replace it, lol.
Doesn't 0.3d allow the removal of objects?
Yes, the bridge can be removed I believe.
And you could perfectly sketch a collapsed bridge with about 10-20 objects, trust me.
Well, if you're a noob you'll map it with 10-20 objects, but a proffessional mapper like me would use way more to make it look cool.





... :whistling:

Or? Cook is just that damn good, he doesn't need as many objects. ;)
Is this a challenge, Cook vs Earl??? Really.. This would be cool.. do it do it do it!!
Thanks for forgeting me XD.
 

Earl

Head of Maps
Management
Joined
Jan 31, 2011
Messages
10,798
DrakeSobo said:
Jason_Jeffery said:
Karner said:
Earl_Williams said:
Cook said:
Zomane said:
Earl_Williams said:
Azzeto said:
I agree, hopefully the bridge is just completly removed, A lot of objects make me lag, and FD Already blows my computer.
Well then you shouldn't want it removed, as if the bridge object will indeed be gone, about 100 other mapped objects will replace it, lol.
Doesn't 0.3d allow the removal of objects?
Yes, the bridge can be removed I believe.
And you could perfectly sketch a collapsed bridge with about 10-20 objects, trust me.
Well, if you're a noob you'll map it with 10-20 objects, but a proffessional mapper like me would use way more to make it look cool.





... :whistling:

Or? Cook is just that damn good, he doesn't need as many objects. ;)
Is this a challenge, Cook vs Earl??? Really.. This would be cool.. do it do it do it!!
Thanks for forgeting me XD.
YOU MAPPED A CONCETE PIPE SINKIING INTO A PAVEMENT

I LOST ALL MY RESPECT TO YOU
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top