Re: 10/18/2015 Migration

Where was the last server located?

fr0st

SysAdmin
System Administrator

Woods said:
Where was the last server located?
Read the original post, the old/new server location is Roubaix/Strasbourg respectively.

Kemp said:
fucking fr0st
fuckin' kemp.

Woods

Diamond Member
Well, at least with this lil lag we can lag slam SASP more often.

quagga

The server is occasionally showing offline for me and several others in mid-west United States. Should this happen for anyone else, try clearing your DNS cache (it worked for me). You can do this by opening your Windows command prompt and typing ipconfig /flushdns.

fr0st

SysAdmin
System Administrator
quagga said:
The server is occasionally showing offline for me and several others in mid-west United States. Should this happen for anyone else, try clearing your DNS cache (it worked for me). You can do this by opening your Windows command prompt and typing ipconfig /flushdns.

Nothing was changed with DNS, all of the IP's remain the same too. Flushing your DNS would only help if there is a local resolver issue on your end. Our DNS itself is handled by Amazon which uses a CDN/anycast service. You should consider using an alternative DNS provider like Google or OpenDNS.

Matty

Donator
My ping has only become better, but I highly suggest you move back closer to the previous location fr0st, alot of people seem to have ping problems.

Grphixs

Donator

fr0st said:
JacenM said:
Ping increased by almost 100 (230 up from 140) and sometimes jumps to over 400, and I've desynced three times today whereas I rarely did so on the last host we had.

It's the same host, it's just in central europe now instead of east.

If your ping went up, please post your location too.

Back in the day when the server was in Amsterdam, my ping used to be around 25. When the server moved to france, it got a little higher up to 35-40. At the moment my ping is 45-50 IG.
It isn't really a problem for me to be honest, but for some players I can understand it is.
Also, sometimes the server isn't online in my SAMP list, just showing 0/0 players online and 0 ping.
My location is practically in Amsterdam.

Just trying to give you as much as information possible to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.