What's new

Cannot run ENB on clean Windows 10 install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimebagme

I just got a gaming PC and installed Windows clean on a brand new drive. DirectX and the old VCRedist (x86 and x64), .NET Framework, etc.

San Andreas itself plays perfectly, as well as SAMP. Until I try and use ENB Series mods. I have ENB working on both Vice City and GTA III (old version of ENB) and they run fine.

If I try and run San Andreas, nothing happens. It doesn't come up in task manager, or display anything on-screen.

I've used the .bat files (and reg edit) recommended for Win10 and enb, tried a handful of different ENB. I also renamed my directory and my exe files, downloaded Silentpatch and different .exes to no avail. I tried Renderhook and it showed the interface in my San Andreas, but wouldn't activate the post-processing effects when I pressed the indicated "Numpad /" key.

I feel like I'm missing something. Like there is some required library of files I haven't downloaded to my PC which will get this running. Anybody know what I might be looking for?

Dimebagme

To everyone who sees this and hopes they could help me... Thank you.

If a helper or admin would prefer this subject moved or Archived, I would prefer it moved to the Modding "Help & Support" section in hopes of a solution. And I thank you for taking this action. Unless you are Arky. Then I will thank you *ahem* personally.

1SKZ

Donator
Let us know your GPU and Windows 10 version. I'm running a semi-new Nvidia gpu on win10 1809 and the only thing I ever needed was the .bat fix to get it going.
You can check your version in the About page under Settings.

Dimebagme

My specs are (not an issue):
I7 9700K
RTX 2070 Super
32GB RAM

Windows and ALL drivers are their latest versions as this PC was just built a week ago. Checked for updates to OS and Nvidia yesterday.

Last time I built a pair of PCs for my brother and I to play SAMP on... I had ENB set up with no issues. I installed other old games and it seemed to cover whatever I needed. That is not the case this time though :s

VinceR

If your ENB version is .248 then I wouldn't be surprised because it's a common problem on Windows 10 build 1809. That is not to say that .248 ENBs don't work on W10 altogether, all I'm saying is that the previous Windows 10 builds seem to support the ENB. What I would recommend you do is to do a system restore, better yet, change your OS to Windows 7

Dimebagme

If your ENB version is .248 then I wouldn't be surprised because it's a common problem on Windows 10 build 1809. That is not to say that .248 ENBs don't work on W10 altogether, all I'm saying is that the previous Windows 10 builds seem to support the ENB. What I would recommend you do is to do a system restore, better yet, change your OS to Windows 7

No idea which version as I've tried around a dozen different ones. What I can say though, is the PC I set up for my brother is running up-to-date windows and drivers, and sa_directx works fine on his Win 10 machine.

Considering that, and the fact I spent $700 on a graphics card which requires Windows 10, I cannot allow myself to downgrade Windows (and a restore wouldnt do much this is a new SSD)

So annoying that enb has to behave like this lol

VinceR

No idea which version as I've tried around a dozen different ones. What I can say though, is the PC I set up for my brother is running up-to-date windows and drivers, and sa_directx works fine on his Win 10 machine.

Considering that, and the fact I spent $700 on a graphics card which requires Windows 10, I cannot allow myself to downgrade Windows (and a restore wouldnt do much this is a new SSD)

So annoying that enb has to behave like this lol
I might have one solution for you, which is to run SA in W7 compatibility mode. ENBs as we usually know, work perfectly well on windows 7

Novi

Retired Admin
I used to have a fix for this back in the day in technical support or something I think. I'll try to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.