What's new

Best application to use for recording GTA SA?

Feniksxx

Silver Member
Matty said:
DogNo said:
Matty said:
I use OBS. It's a bit difficult to set up, though. There's like, NO fps drop.
I have mine set to quite low quality, I don't record to make like sick videos, I only record 24/7 to catch funny moments and for complaints, and the best way to accomplish that is by using low quality presets to preserve disk space & FPS even more.
How much is the avarage disk space a video file takes if you record for one hour straight? I am using bandicam and I set it up very good where 2 minutes and 25 seconds video file is just 98mb.

A 15 minute video is 2.66 gigs, you go ahead and find out how much that is for 2 minutes.
Probably a little more, but as I said, I really don't care. I only record for funny moments/complaints and not for quality, I keep my videos for a week in-case and then I delete them. Don't forget I record constantly, not just occasionally.

EDIT: Didn't read it properly, a 1 hour video is 10,7 gigs.

Lawson said:
Matty said:
I have mine set to quite low quality, I don't record to make like sick videos, I only record 24/7 to catch funny moments and for complaints, and the best way to accomplish that is by using low quality presets to preserve disk space & FPS even more.
Can you share your settings please?

515702f4c11d6ca0d942ec9966ab442d.png

well this should be top quality then

Lawson

Gold Member
Matty said:
Lawson said:
Matty said:
Can you share your settings please?

515702f4c11d6ca0d942ec9966ab442d.png

all the tabs please not only this one <3

Deluca

Donator
For recording purposes, I do highly recommend using GeForce Expeience Shadowplay as Shadowplay enables you to the record button, but it will record everything that happened the past 20 minutes ago. Only downside with Shadowplay is that you need to have a GeForce GTX 660 newer GPU and you do also need to have a NVIDIA Graphics Card.

If not, I'd go for AMD ReLive or Plays.tv.

Here is a little video to demonstate ReLive and Plays.tv

You can also use OBS as some people recommend here. I do highly recommend it for holding Live Streams on Twitch and alike as Shadowplay does not meet a satisying need right there Only downside with OBS is that it requires a lot of diskspace while you record and it will have an overall effect of your performance while playing. So unless you're recording bits which you know is going to be staged or what not, then that is fine. But if you want to record more spontaneous and random moments that are worth taking care of, I'd go for Shadowplay, ReLive or Plays.tv.

Hope that answered your question! :)

rad

Head of Legal Factions
Lead Administrator
shadowplay if u have an nvidia card